HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
...No, not you @Sugar...:cool:

Got myself a Magic Butter Machine,

was gonna make some Canna Sugar, along the lines like this

To make the Tincture, they recommened a high alcohol content, like this

i have 20lt drum of 100% isopropyl alcohol, same as this
https://bosca.com.au/products/isopropyl-alcohol-100-1l-5l-20l?variant=32221364322346

...my question is, can i use the 100% isopropyl alcohol to replace the high spirytus? as it will all be evaperated off anyway?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
...oroight then who want's a go then oye lol :D
thanks for thinking of me out of context and drawing my attention to your newsworthy post :D

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Personally I wouldn't , use the vodka

When I made tincture, my mate ran a batch through his still 3 x to get it as pure as possible

Was pretty much pure alcohol, it needed to then be buffered with water to proof about 120 I think

Was strong stuff , 1 nip was enough

Great for colds etc

When I used this to make some oil , it was a lot stronger imo

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Thought the point was to get to get

to 100% pure alcohol?

Apparently you can put the 95%

vodka into the freezer to

freeze the water content, then strain

the alcohol out to get to 100%

alcohol n about 190 proof...

Hence why I thought 100% iso

would be good to go as 100% of it

would be evaporated off, leaving

no moisture in the sugar at all ?

Last edited:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yeah sorry , through the still is 98% pure

If you actually want to consume it as a tincture, you can't use iso , you then need to proof the tincture so you can drink it without killing yourself

I have made 98% pure tincture, Green Dragon , lasted a long time as you only use 10 or 20ml at a time

You could iso , as you said you are evaporating it away

I just haven't heard of making tincture with it only food grade alcohol if that makes sense

Sugar

Baked
User ID
This is the sort of tincture I'm going to do

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Works the same way, but with magic! :D
...can grind, heat n steep at the correct temps at/and correct time limits.

So takes far less time to do it, 4 to 8 hrs instead of 4weeks.

But the end result is exactly the same..

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
....well, with the overwhelming responses from this thread, I did it anyway! šŸ˜ƒ

Ounce of Ruby Dragon, decard in oven
20210506_102157.jpg

4 cups of 100% isopropyl alcohol, enough to get to the minimum mark on MBM, in with the canna.
20210506_113224.jpg

MBM on for 8hrs/54c. End result, dark golden infused iso.
20210506_193353.jpg 20210506_193751.jpg

700g white sugar,into pyrex dish with all of infused iso poured over n mixed through(4got to take pic)

Into fan forced oven with door open on 100c, in a well ventilated kitchen, taking out n stirring/mixing every 15m for 3hrs.
Here we have the final product, 700g on infused sugar with iso completely evaporated off. No trace of it what so eva.
Not sure on potency yet, I have not tried it. Think i mighta used to much sugar, When I do I will let you know!
20210508_101030.jpg

Sugar

Baked
User ID
That is awesome Dotts!

And I did google about the magical butter machine after reviews here about it and I like the sounds of it and looking at your result I'm very impressed particularly that includes the decarb and thermometer and filter etc.

I went ahead too and decarbed some bud in the oven then winterised vodka, jars and weed before adding the vodka to it. I'm going to keep it in the freezer for the next week and shake it a day then filter it for use.

Here's some pics :)

Vokda delivered - expensive $89 inc shipping
vodka.jpg

Decarbed some broken up True Blue bud - 35mins at 115c
decarb.jpg

bud in jar and into the freezer for a few hours to winterize it before adding the vodka
budjar.jpg

Out of the freezer and added the vodka and gave it a good shake and into the freezer for next 7 days.
addvodka.jpg

I'll do a 30 day cupboard jobby one too and see the difference.

This is fun eh lol :D

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Good stuff Sugar!
Was looking at that Spriytus is, but for me it was gonna get completely evaporated off.

Like Mic said, I got a mate who's into his spirit making, he gonna run some through his still x3, reckons he can get it up to 97+. Lot cheaper then that bottle!

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Good stuff Sugar!
Was looking at that Spriytus is, but for me it was gonna get completely evaporated off.

Like Mic said, I got a mate who's into his spirit making, he gonna run some through his still x3, reckons he can get it up to 97+. Lot cheaper then that bottle!

What do you think about adding other herbs etc ...I'm thinking of the medicinal value of adding some of my home grown parsley, rosemary and some lemon rind to the Tincture.

Hoping it will leech out complementary health benefits and even help with the taste which I've heard is pretty awful.

Also, I read something about these high alcohol percentage ones burning then taking under the tongue and some people dilute it before hand with some water or saliva?? err

Also, I read that certain food flavours such as vanilla essence just a drop into the Tincture can improve the flavour and other sorts of herbs for various health benefits?...

Lots to explore and experiment with I think looking at the healing aspects :D

Decarbed more True Blue bud and put in smaller masonary jars winterised and will had various herbs to these two and will add the vodka and into the cupboard for 30 days and some people shake them each day.
30dayTinctures.jpg

I think I need to dry the lemon rind first before putting in otherwise ok with fresh rosemary and parsley?

Last edited:

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Wow! Into it!
All if the above sound fine!
Not sure on the vanilla essence but, as for fresh paisley n rosemary, I'm not sure? Can't see why not.

Top Bottom