Cal/Mag Products.

possum

Germinating
User ID
Hi, Everyone. I am new to this forum. I am growing in coco DTW, I am growing Autoflowers Indoors ,The nutrients i am using are Nutrifield CoCo AandB. I need to purchase some Cal/Mag . At the moment i am using Calmax by Grotek, but i would like to know what Cal/Mag others are using, and why. Also, i would like to know how you mix the cal/mag into your nutrients. Do you mix the cal/mag into your water first, then base nutrients, or the other way around ? I tried to contact Grotek to ask them, but they don`t appear to be interested in talking to me, and after doing some research on various other sites, some say to put the cal/mag first and others say last. So i would like to know which way you blokes do it. Possum.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
I use TA calmag
The nutrients you are using are designed for coco so you may not need to supplement much assuming your coco is well buffered. Its really just added for the breaking down of your coco during the grow and exposing new cation exchange sites.
In regards to mixing order it doesnt always matter but I would say follow the manufacturers recommendation on your base nutrients.
typically I go silica - calmag - base nutes then fulvic and boosters last.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day, Bullfrog. Yes i am aware of T.A cal/mag. I am buffering my coco at the moment. Yes, i am aware of using cal/mag for the Cation Exchange Sites in the coco. The manufacturer of my base nutrients are also not forthcoming with the information i need, that is why i am asking you blokes. How i am mixing my nutes is; Cal/Mag first, agitate water, let that sit for half hour or so, then i mix in the coco Aand B , let that sit for 10 minutes or so, then i ph the mix and then water my plants. Thanks very much for your input Bullfrog it`s much appreciated. Hopefully, others will chime in with how they mix there nutes. Thanks mate......Possum.

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
G'Day, I use Green Planet Pro Cal because I've got some. My water can be very soft at times and I add Pro Cal at the start to bring it up a little.
When I finished mixing the nutrients and additives, if my target EC is too low, I will add more to bring it up to required level. If the EC is too high, I add water to bring it down.

benn0

Baked
User ID
General Hydroponics CALiMAGic goes alright with coco when I've used nutes that don't include it

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Been using coco in the mix for years now, pretty much every grow, minus a straight perlite here an there. Have never really used cal mag and haven't had issues, could be my tap water compensating a bit?

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
Been using coco in the mix for years now, pretty much every grow, minus a straight perlite here an there. Have never really used cal mag and haven't had issues, could be my tap water compensating a bit?
yeah tap water typically carries a lot of calcium and magnesium.
The extra calmag isnt for the plant its for the coco. The base nutes have calmag for the plant and in softwater that isnt always enough.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day everyone. Thanks for your input. Benno, General Hydroponics Calimagic hasn`t been for sale in Australia for about the last 2 years ! Benno, i am very much aware of what is in my nutrients. Most cannabis growing sites recommend you use extra Cal/Mag just to satisfy the c.e.c of the coco . Thankyou everyone for your help. Possum.

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day Bullfrog. Exactly. My tap water is ppm80. I have recently asked my water supplier for a rundown on what is in my water. Calcium and Magnesium was not even mentioned. So i need to go back to them and ask a few more questions. Thanks Bullfrog. Possum.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
General Hydroponics Calimagic hasn`t been for sale in Australia for about the last 2 years !
G,Day bennO. I never use ebay, of the three suppliers that i use ( in Australia ) they all show General Hydroponics Calimagic, for sale BUT it is never in stock.

It's just sold under the brand name Terra Aquatica™ in Australia now. Lots of places carry it (y)

'During 2020, General Hydroponics stopped supplying nutrients from North America to Australia. In 2021, The GHE (General Hydroponics Europe) range was sourced for the Australian market, and it is branded "Terra Aquatica". Terra Aquatica has the same formula as General Hydroponics branded products, just a different look and product names. See our range of Terra Aquatica products below."

benn0

Baked
User ID
It's just sold under the brand name Terra Aquatica™ in Australia now. Lots of places carry it (y)

'During 2020, General Hydroponics stopped supplying nutrients from North America to Australia. In 2021, The GHE (General Hydroponics Europe) range was sourced for the Australian market, and it is branded "Terra Aquatica". Terra Aquatica has the same formula as General Hydroponics branded products, just a different look and product names. See our range of Terra Aquatica products below."
Thank you, was about to go down that route with him and explain how big corporate took over General Hydro and now they operate under Gen Hydro Europe but different label

possum

Germinating
User ID
G,Day Pikey. Thanks for that info.I did use General Hydroponics Calimagic before it disappeared. How i missed the changeover to Terra Aquatica i dont know. Well then, decision made, looks like i will get some Terra Aquatica and give it a go. Benno, Thanks for your input, very much appreciated. Possum..

possum

Germinating
User ID
Cal mag isn't needed for Coco, in my opinion just up the EC of your main feed.
G,Day frankreynolds, During my research many hundreds of people state that you must use extra Cal/Mag when growing in Coco. Also, the Coco must be Buffered before use. Could you please tell me a little more on how you go about your grow ? Thankyou, Possum.

Top Bottom