Black friday and other bargain deals

RiverRat

Blooming
User ID
You think?

Come on man. Facts shouldn’t be too hard to find. @RiverRat linked a YouTuber the other day that did comparisons of most available grow lights.

Ya can’t just jump full on into the LED ranks with bullshit and here say. You are a petty officer now bro. 😂
Haven't read this thread yet but the YT channel you are referring to is https://www.youtube.com/c/MIGROLIGHT It Sorta deserves a thread of its own...

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Spiderfarmer and mars seem to be owned by the same company, ran out of a business park in shegzen.

HLG lay the diodes onto PCB's in the USA. Whether or not that leads to higher quality control is up to debate.

With the amount of free shit both spider farmer and mars are throwing out to everyone I would be vary weary of any youtube/ online reviews, as they don't want to stop gettting more sponsored products in the future ;)

Personally gone down the spiderfarmer route with there original quantum boards from them, and they work great in the end the samsung diodes do work. but the build quality is lower than other products. Also they are great at talking on forums giving out free shit, but the moment you have an issue after payment expect to not hear back from them like me. Would not like to deal with a warranty with that company.

Honestly, if you wanna go down the spiderfarmer/mars route, do some digging on aliexpress or whatever its called, there are chinese manafacturers that whitelabel there LED units to big companies that sell there, shipping can take a bit longer but from what I've read online some great deals to be had.

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-kingbrite.html suppose to be one of the better sellers on there.

In the end you get what you pay for.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Just a thought regarding choice of LED for the moment. We've seen fairly rapid development in the LED design space - blurples and now full spec. But even within full spec, seems like there is still a maturation of knowledge going on. So depending on your intent and funds, a cheaper light may be adequate for a period of time, while the tech overall matures and standards come into effect. I see people argue HLG are already there, and may well be right - but that still seemingly hasn't hit an economy of scale for that to be accessible to all or standardised across manufacturers. My perspective is for small hobby growers as opposed to larger/commercial grows. And from that, a basic light if adequate for a period may end up being a better entry option to run with for a couple of years before a future upgrade. If anything, the saturation of the market by cheap PRC made products has made the hobby more accessible - via sheer access to product and at lower price points.

The limiting factor for a lot of this I'd suggest is the legality of cannabis growing which is a high driver of all this. Maybe when that changes, it'll improve what manufacturers are based in the western hemisphere and be more compelled to honour standard consumer law. Given most of this is done on the sly, it's kinda hard to chase those selling direct from PRC. So far the MH and SF lights I got have been OK - but haven't run them long term. Got some Kingbrite lights (see Franks link) on order at the moment for my partners indoor plants (the legal kind). Curious to see what they'll be like

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
my partners indoor plants (the legal kind)
I'm probably off-topic - I appreciate your post and all - I really enjoyed it - but can I hear more about these legal indoor plants being grown under lights? Veggies? Sounds interesting. lol

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I'm probably off-topic - I appreciate your post and all - I really enjoyed it - but can I hear more about these legal indoor plants being grown under lights? Veggies? Sounds interesting. lol
She's into 'indoor plants' like every other young white female is these days. It's them damn Frankie magazines and instagram... all over town people flogging shitly propagated 'indoor plants' for a packet. She's got quite a collection that she's been building. Thankfully she actually knows something about plants and is making an effort to look after them. Also saving a packet and getting little ones that she pots on. Hence why I hooked her up with some lights - we don't have much in this house so they'd always stagnate and end up with gnats.

The two 1100mm full spec 3500k LM310B + 660nm Kingbrite bar lights turned up today. 7 day TNT from PRC. All up around $400 incl GST (the fuckers). Looking the goods. They were sold as a side lighting kit but we're running them overhead. Pretty happy with them so far. I'd post some pics but would rather not since the area could be identified... I'm keen to get some seedlings started under them too if she'll allow room. Also get some cat grass going for the fuzzball.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
This is a pretty good buy. AC infinity T4. temp/humid controlled $260*

These are usually way overpriced on amazon. $400+. $260 is the cheapest in AUS I reckon.

*Requires a subscription to Amazon prime. ($6-$7 a month, inc unlimited free delivery)

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
This is a pretty good buy. AC infinity T4. temp/humid controlled $260*

These are usually way overpriced on amazon. $400+. $260 is the cheapest in AUS I reckon.

*Requires a subscription to Amazon prime. ($6-$7 a month, inc unlimited free delivery)
Amazon is the worst shopping website on earth!!

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Amazon is the worst shopping website on earth!!
😲o_O:oops:

As a member, the free shipping is always quick with a no questions return policy. I can also get most of the US/overseas Amazon stuff too, free postage over $49.

Admittedly, usually dearer than ebay, but great for pet food auto delivery, cheapest I found. No afterpay or Zip etc though which often dictates my purchasing.

The measly $6-7 monthly membership also gives you Amazon prime tv which is ok if youre into that sort of shit.

I pay a bit extra and have Audible, and Amazon music too.

I quite admire Bezo's Amazon empire. Their sideline gig being space technology. Another interest of mine. I'm no shill though .:p

The link above is hard to criticise though. Cheapest in Oz by almost a $100.

Top Bottom