BHO no blast tube method

Hudo

Baked
User ID
A few guys were interested in my method of extraction so here it is. This method is perfect for extracting sugar leaves and small.nugs that aren't very potent and would yield low out of a last tube or closed loop.
Find a SS Thermos that holds atleast 1.5L
A 500ml wide mouth jar
Fine mesh material not sure what its called but looks like fine flyscreen
couple cans Butane bunnings has 3x refined stuff

Discard the lid that seals the thermos and keep the screw on cup
Drill a 2 holes in the cup with 5mm bit. One hole in the middle and one off to the side. In the middle hole put one of the plastic adapters from the Butane cap in so it will accept the nozzle.
The other hole is for venting gas.
Fill the Thermos with material to be extracted place the cup on and proceed to fill Thermos with Butane, it will take around 2 cans. Place somthing over the 2 holes to slow down the Butane evaporating, I use a spray paint cap.
Leave sit for a few minutes place the fine mesh material over the top hold on with a rubber band. Pour the Butane off into the jar. Now the beauty of this method, Quickly empty and refill the Thermos with more material pour the Butane back in and repeat process (may end a little top up with tane so material is covered) I do it 3 times with leaf that way you get the most out of your Butane. Pour it off Into your dish (I've got a silicone baking dish) if you want to speed up evaporation, place dish in a tray of hot water . When it's done scrape it up and place in vac chamber for 24 hours to clean it up. Next run I will try to make diamonds again and will also document that process.20220916_124412.jpg20220916_124503.jpg20220916_125543.jpg20220916_130739.jpg20220916_130958.jpg20220916_135203.jpg20220916_135626.jpg20220916_140153.jpg20220916_140856.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
How does it look when it comes out of the vac? That looks really waxy, clean butane should end up like honey even without the vac, but I sit it in boiling water to get the last bit out

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I
How does it look when it comes out of the vac? That looks really waxy, clean butane should end up like honey even without the vac, but I sit it in boiling water to get the last bit out
It looks waxy at first because it's sticky and it expands under vac because the tane is trying to escape it flattens out after a while. And the way I scrape ot up I whip it a little so it turns into a batter so I can handle it easier if you whip it it will stay waxy looking thats why the Yanks vac it in the container they collect it in because when you scrape it up it changes the structure and wond dry as clear . ill take a pick when I get home. No offence but sitting g it in hot water won't clean it up. If you were to vac it after it sitting in water it will puff up and bubble like crazy

Last edited:

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
I would tend to stay away from the butane you can get from bunnings for the most part the exception would be ventti butane.

My self i use newport butane it is food grade it come rebranded and sold in kitchen shops it is 7x refined and then there is pure tane but at 20$ plus a can it can be come costly but the most pure we can get in Au when i last looked...

Hudo

Baked
User ID
My fat fingers fucked that up the bunnings one is 5 × purified not 3 its not the shit you get in the 4 pack for the little BBQ's it's the SAMBA lighter refill I think venti is only double scrubbed I'll be looking out for the Newport shit now cheers. This method will allow you to run the same butane across a couple batches if you use the 20 buck stuff. Where have you seen that

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
My fat fingers fucked that up the bunnings one is 5 × purified not 3 its not the shit you get in the 4 pack for the little BBQ's it's the SAMBA lighter refill I think venti is only double scrubbed I'll be looking out for the Newport shit now cheers. This method will allow you to run the same butane across a couple batches if you use the 20 buck stuff. Where have you seen that
Yes i do know the samba brand for me i was not a fan i found it left a taste behind that was hard to remove even when using heat with the purging stage.

Ventti may not be as refined as some but it is what i use if i can not find newport it tends to purge clean compared to a lot of the others that are out there.

Google puretane and you find and it a lil cheaper than last time i looked...

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Last time I bought a box of Ventti (12pk) it was around the $100 mark, delivered, about 12 months back. I use it for other jobs as well though. So that's the most practical way for me to purchase it.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
I

It looks waxy at first because it's sticky and it expands under vac because the tane is trying to escape it flattens out after a while. And the way I scrape ot up I whip it a little so it turns into a batter so I can handle it easier if you whip it it will stay waxy looking thats why the Yanks vac it in the container they collect it in because when you scrape it up it changes the structure and wond dry as clear . ill take a pick when I get home. No offence but sitting g it in hot water won't clean it up. If you were to vac it after it sitting in water it will puff up and bubble like crazy
You vac at room T or heat it to a certain T whilst vaccing?

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
5 hours in the chamber has relaxed but still bubbles in it

View attachment 26150
I'm already sold on the vac chamber, I will add it to the list. That looks way better but still a little waxy. I tried a bunch of different butane and most left some residual so I always heat. I will try and find what i was reading but apparently most the impurities in butane will boil off bellow 100c so once it's boiled it will look clear like honey. am curious to see how it looks with heat then vac. Not sure how all that affects diamonds, as you are crashing them out they probably won't bind to the impurities but worth starting clean as possible

Hudo

Baked
User ID
You vac at room T or heat it to a certain T whilst vaccing?
I usually have it in the wok full of water on lowest setting and that used to keep it around 40 degrees but the wok shit itself so this one I had on the hotplate and I turned it on for about 30 seconds every half hour or so and that was keeping it around 35 to 45

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I'm already sold on the vac chamber, I will add it to the list. That looks way better but still a little waxy. I tried a bunch of different butane and most left some residual so I always heat. I will try and find what i was reading but apparently most the impurities in butane will boil off bellow 100c so once it's boiled it will look clear like honey. am curious to see how it looks with heat then vac. Not sure how all that affects diamonds, as you are crashing them out they probably won't bind to the impurities but worth starting clean as possible
I should of been clearer in the thread What i make is called crumble it looks waxy . basically shatter thats been whipped then purged. The whipping does somthing to the structure of it its way easier to handle when done.you can pick it up with your fingers without it sticking to everything and doesnt go brittle and shoot off when you try cut it. If I don't touch it it turns out like glass and very brittle or if I collect in a pyrex dish with a razor it stays clear. It sticks to the silicone baking dish and when collecting it you have to drag it across it multiple times and it whips it and changes the structure and turns into crumble that's why it's creamy in the pick before it's purged its been whipped

Dynaboo

Germinating
User ID
5 hours in the chamber has relaxed but still bubbles in itView attachment 26150
Nice try sorry to but , but you’re extract is still retaining the fats lipids and waxes you need to do a winterising process after your 24hr purge then a filtration while it’s super cold then you get golden goodness that won’t harm your internals

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Nice try sorry to but , but you’re extract is still retaining the fats lipids and waxes you need to do a winterising process after your 24hr purge then a filtration while it’s super cold then you get golden goodness that won’t harm your internals
Yes I know about winterising but I'm not bothered with a few fats and lipids that you would usually smoke anyway. Iam aware there are better set ups out there and my way isn't the holy grail but without a closed loop set up to reclaim gas I figure it's more economical to extract trim with minimal butane used . There are tons of ways to extract with many different results . Crumble,Budder,wax,Wax crumble,Shatter,wineries shatter,live resin, the list goes on and on and light coloured clear isn't the holy grail. When I was in LA it came in many colours and forms . I make crumble because it's easy to handle
I can take my little wax vape out and about open up the jar and grab a piece and drop it in without having to get the dab tool out in public sit there and try break a bit off or unstick it from somthing. The vape doesn't burn it anyway

Hudo

Baked
User ID
24 hours later. I think it would come in the category of sugar crumble . Being made from 6 different strains mixed it's got quite a unique flavour and very heavy hitting . Notice you can handle crumble without it sticking like shit to a blanket 20220917_113438.jpg

Hudo

Baked
User ID
A good clip on categories of BHO is
Types of BHO concentrates . By RuffHouse Studios on you tube I can't post the link because it's age restricted

Top Bottom