Been Shopping..

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Ahh good stuff, mate. I'm keen to see how quiet it is, from what you can hear on the videos it seem pretty impressive. From memory, i think i read 32-38 db or similar. (y)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pikey

Baked
User ID
That's one of the things I like about these fans. If you're running 'em low they pull plenty of air and not much power. The one in my ~4x2 stealth cabinet is setup with the automated controller and very rarely goes over level 2 (of 10). I've had friends stand right next to it and nobody noticed a thing it's so quiet.

But if you have the need for speed, then turn it up to ten and hold on! She'll sound like a jet engine winding up, but most importantly it has the thrust to go with it šŸ˜

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Had a bit of of clean up and assembled the tent 'n light. Both went together relatively easy, though both have a couple of minor issues..

I see why pictures don't do LED lights justice. Seems plenty bright enough, and getting pretty decent even spread of light as well.

qckstp.jpg

Tent first, only real issue with the tent so far is when assembling, be mindful with the corner pieces, the little black plastic end stops can fall out. If they fall out the corner pieces could end up being a hole punch in time and punch through the tent lining in either the roof or floor sections.

But otherwise, i'm pretty happy with the purchase. Originally i thought the material could've done with being of a bit heavier construction. But after working with it during assembly it does feel suffice for the job that it does. Definitely glad i went with the 1.5x1.5 as well, it's looking to be a good all round grow space for a few various grow styles. Kinda kicking myself i didn't get one sooner as i'm warming to the idea being a chuffed Gorilla tent owner. 8.5/10

Now the light. The Spider Farmer SE1000w could be a better quality product if they lifted their game with a couple of components and improve its overall quality. The plastic wing nut bolts that attach the LED bars to the chassis probably couldn't be of cheaper quality if they tried, i'm expecting these to fail in time. Next we have orange silicon stoppers that go onto the end of the chassis rails are easily knocked off, you wouldn't want to be walking around the light much and bumping the corners, because you'd be picking them up and bung them back on quite frequently. Third issue, and potentially a serious one. The spacing of the brackets that are attached to the LED aluminum channeling can vary as much as 7mm. Which proved to be a bit of a bastard during assembly, as i had shuffle some LED bars around of a similar length so it could go together easier.

As for the Electronics (from what you can see externally) couldn't really expect too much more. The cords, glands, connectors look of a fairly decent quality. A quick glance the LED strips look good too, As for the driver, and this is something SF have been sheepish with by only referring to it as a SF driver. But now it's in my mitts, i can inform you that mine came with a Sosen LED Driver, Model: 1000VP-56BH. Still not a lot of info out there apart from this one at Sosen's Website. So yeah, make of what you will when it comes to the driver. Overall 6.5, could easily be improved with better quality manufacturing and components.

Hope to get the AC Infinity bits and filter up in the next couple of days. (y)

Last edited:

Jaz

Curing
User ID
The plastic wing nut bolts that attach the LED bars to the chassis probably couldn't be of cheaper quality if they tried, i'm expecting these to fail in time.

What on earth made them go with plastic? Corrosion proof? The heat would get to them eventually making them brittle.

Off to Bunnings for some stainless ones?

j

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Well, they're more of a zinc-plated metal bolt which is fine, but on the head of the bolt they've molded plastic finger tines that are pretty ordinary. It's not a big issue, just crap like that can take the shine off the purchase. If they spent the extra $5-$10 on the twenty of them (of a better quality), you'd have one potentially common customer issue resolved. It could be just me, but it appeared as a glaring problem while assembling.

Top Bottom