Been Shopping..

Indy

Misfit
User ID
"Been Shopping?" as the missus puts it. I've been sprung again. 😯

In a way, the last couple of seasons outdoors has forced my hand to get something setup indoors again. From droughts, heat waves, monsoonal rains, and pests. she's been a pretty ordinary run in recent times where i've just barely produced enough to get myself through. Thank fuck i'm the only choofer here..

Anyway, the main bits have finally arrived in recent days. Here's some boxes to have a look at. See if youse can figure it out from the pic below to what i've got. :p

shppng.jpg

I'll fill in the blanks later tonight of what i'll be working with, and do the unboxing and assembly in a day or two. (y)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

In a way, the last couple of seasons outdoors has forced my hand to get something setup indoors again. From droughts, heat waves, monsoonal rains, and pests. she's been a pretty ordinary run in recent times where i've just barely produced enough to get myself through. Thank fuck i'm the only choofer here..

Anyway, the main bits have finally arrived in recent days. Here's some boxes to have a look at. See if youse can figure it out from the pic below to what i've got. :p

View attachment 22953

I'll fill in the blanks later tonight of what i'll be working with, and do the unboxing and assembly in a day or two. (y)
Led or hps??
That is the real question here!! 🤣

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
the small box has a roll out solar panel and the black box is just a wrapped deep cycle battery...

Larger box is a tent.

So my guess you are running an off grid 12v system :)

Unknown User

Curing
User ID

View attachment 22953

Grats on the new gear. its a good day when it all arrives.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Large brown box at front is super stealth item 🤫 its full of seeds. Premium postage option 👍
I notice you bought the smaller jumbo size bean pack. Larger pack is really huge. They needed the forklift to drop it off at my front door.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Righto, got a bit of time to compile it. This is the main gear..

First up is a 5x5 Gorilla Grow Tent (front box). Researched a few heavy duty tents, but more often than not it seemed the Gorilla Tents were hard to surpass with reviews. I'm thinking that might come down to the fact the brand has been around longer than most, and have marketed them well in that time. I probably should've stuck with with a 4x4 tent and a lesser light than what i purchased, but as some growers know, at certain times you wish you had that bit more space to tame/contain a plant or two.

Next, we have the light. And because i went the 5x5 tent route i soon come to realise that to get proper coverage in a 5x5 tent, it appeared to me you'd probably want something that is at least 800 true watts or higher to get that side to side coverage. Originally my heart was set on the Mars Hydro FC8000w, but they were out of stock and they didn't bother replying to any emails. Which left me with fuck all options. In fact, when i was ready to buy, most other reasonably priced big end (wattage) LED's were out of stock within the country. Even our community sponsor Spider Farmer was out of stock at the time, and there was no way i was going to part with over 3k on Lumatek's 1000w. So i was kinda up shits creek without a paddle. Until i done the rounds for another day to see if anyone had replenished stock. One morning, i got lucky. I seen spider farmer with a new listing for a Spider Farmer SE 1000w. Naturally, i was drawn to it like flies to the proverbial. It seems it hasn't been out that long and there's not a lot of info about. it's looking as if it was released just prior of Christmas last year (2021).

In a few ways, it's specs ticks a few boxes i was looking for..

1.) It's 1000 true watts. I was looking to run 800w in the 5x5 anyway. Depending on various trials and tribulation with it, i'm hoping to get it down to operating at 80%-90% as a don't want the unit running flat out if i can get away with it.

2.) The driver is detachable and i don't want it in the tent. In time, i'm intending to make a little dashboard outside the tent to contain all the gizmo's.

3.) The bugga has ten bars. If a couple of bars go down after a while, outside of the warranty, i'll still have 800w within the tent.

4.) It ticks the all the boxes when it comes to diodes. With 3710 of Samsung's LM301B's hitting 2.9 umol/J.

The last big item was pretty hard to overlook. Finally there's some plug 'n play kit out there in the ventilation department. That being another community sponsors, Quick Bloom Lights. The AC Infinity Cloudline S6 coupled with the Controller 67 is a product i've longed for. Finally a programmable and monitoring unit that can manage air flow and humidity (to some extent). As it is, it'll be set up in a room that can fluctuate as much as 25c in a single day. Hopefully this combo will go some ways of making that issue manageable.

That's it for now, folks. Thanks for your time. :)

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Good shit mate!! What did ya pay for the light mate??
What medium ya guna use mate. Be a bit hot up your way for water culture wouldn't it??

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Rock solid bit of kit.💪 It should produce the floral goods. Big light will slay that space. You wanna run as it low wattage as needed for healthy veg, and save electricity bill. I'd personally pump out the full 1000 watts once in full flower, and pack every single corner of the space 😜 Drivers outside a tent make a big difference to heat in there 👍

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Good shit mate!! What did ya pay for the light mate??
What medium ya guna use mate. Be a bit hot up your way for water culture wouldn't it??

They got me good, full price. Though the TSE code knocked off $40 odd bucks. Bit over $1400 delivered.

Initially, 4 DWC bucket. If things progress well, that'll probably get reduced to 2 fairly quickly. Tip once, fill a screen, then flip.

After a couple of DWC runs. i am keen to experiment with soils again. That was 30+ years ago and i failed miserably. A lot more info around these days to make it a viable option again (to me).

Last edited:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Very nice combo you've chosen there @Indy, some real nice gear. A good investment for your future (y)

I've heard only good things about the Gorilla tents. I won't lie... I'm a little jelly. Thought about it a few times over the years, but I've always been too much of a tight arse to buy one. :LOL:

The Ac Infinity fan though, that's one bit of your kit I can speak on from personal experience. They're a "fantastic" fan (pardon the pun) and I guarantee you won't be dissapointed with it. I've got 3 now and it would take some convincing to turn me off them. Efficient, quite and well made... the fancy controller with BT is a nice touch too.

I'm about to run the Povo Pack version of your new setup (if SF get back to me about my SE5000's faulty bar). Will be using the SE5000 in a Mars 4x4 (I know... I know, but I got it cheap:LOL:) with 2 AC T6s 1 in 1 out. Don't think I really need the 1 for intake but I had one spare so thought I'd may as well put it to use 🤷‍♂️

Have fun getting it all setup and let the fun commence!

Top Bottom