Ball Vape Organiser

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Finished up this organiser yesterday. If you're unfamiliar to ball vape's, they're a setup that requires a couple pieces to come together to work. So you've either got to have a place like a desk or a nook to set them up in. Or you could use a organiser similar to something like this.

I've taken this route because i'll only bring it out at night once the kids have gone to bed, and i don't want paraphernalia like this out for them to see.

Anyway, cost about $50 in bits and pieces, but i did have most of the material here already. Basically it has the Enail Controller sandwiched between two bits of 19mm ply, with 3mm and 5mm rubber strips in between to allow space for airflow..

bvo_01.jpg

bvo_02.jpgbvo_03.jpgbvo_04.jpgbvo_05.jpg

bvo_06.jpg

As you can see, she's a pretty rough build. I'm envisioning another build at a later date that will iclude a couple of USB ports, and a charging dock for the Mighty+. This is just a throw-together to tidy up the shit required for a ball vape.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Finished up this organiser yesterday. If you're unfamiliar to ball vape's, they're a setup that requires a couple pieces to come together to work. So you've either got to have a place like a desk or a nook to set them up in. Or you could use a organiser similar to something like this.

I've taken this route because i'll only bring it out at night once the kids have gone to bed, and i don't want paraphernalia like this out for them to see.

Anyway, cost about $50 in bits and pieces, but i did have most of the material here already. Basically it has the Enail Controller sandwiched between two bits of 19mm ply, with 3mm and 5mm rubber strips in between to allow space for airflow..

View attachment 33216

View attachment 33217View attachment 33218View attachment 33219View attachment 33220

View attachment 33221

As you can see, she's a pretty rough build. I'm envisioning another build at a later date that will iclude a couple of USB ports, and a charging dock for the Mighty+. This is just a throw-together to tidy up the shit required for a ball vape.
Yeah that's cool mate!!
Is the 705 the heat setting mate?
Is it just bud in it or something else?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
If it looks odd, or back-to-front. It's because i'm a mollydooker. And that's one of the benefits of a similar design like this, it can be assembled for right or left handed folk..

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah that's cool mate!!
Is the 705 the heat setting mate?
Is it just bud in it or something else?
Dunno, mate. I havent ventured that far yet. it come with the factory setting of 710c, and when it comes to using it, it seems to do the job well. Because you get about 3 rips (for me) until the weed is spent. Now it's sorted i'll fuck around and see if i can find the sweet spot.

EDIT: Yeah, just mulled up bud. I've got a titanium bit that i could use for concerntrate's as well, but i'll have to get a heating element for it yet.

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Nah, she's a dry bong setup. And it quite surprising how well it works on cooling the vape down. Smoothest vape experience i've had yet.

Many hipsters refer to ball vapes as their "end game". A terminology that doesn't sit well with me (bloody flogs). But i can relate to why they think it's pretty good experience. It's the the smoothest vape/bong hit i've had to date, and you get a good hit off of it.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Dunno, mate. I havent ventured that far yet. it come with the factory setting of 710c, and when it comes to using it, it seems to do the job well. Because you get about 3 rips (for me) until the weed is spent. Now it's sorted i'll fuck around and see if i can find the sweet spot.

EDIT: Yeah, just mulled up bud. I've got a titanium bit that i could use for concerntrate's as well, but i'll have to get a heating element for it yet.
So how does the bud not combust at that temp??
Looking at it there appears to be a cm or so gap between the bud and the heat bit!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
So how does the bud not combust at that temp??
Looking at it there appears to be a cm or so gap between the bud and the heat bit!
Well, that is 710 Farhenheit, which converted to Celsius comes in around 370ish. Yet to explore the controller options to see if i can switch between the two temp scales.

But yeah, not sure why it doesn't combust. Only reasoning I can come up with is that you only add the heat whilst inhaling. Otherwise I've got it resting in its cradle.

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Well, that is 710 Farhenheit, which converted to Celsius comes in around 370ish. Yet to explore the controller options to see if i can switch between the two temp scales.

But yeah, not sure why it doesn't combust. Only reasoning I can come up with is that you only add the heat whilst inhaling. Otherwise I've got it resting in its cradle.
If the buds not instantly going black then its probably alright. 600 is right for my pinky but that head of yours might need it hotter. like you say have a play around with it.

The biggest downside with ball vapes is forgetting to turn them off. I was running mine on a 15 minute countdown timer when I was using it. Its in the shed so Id have a couple, fuck around, and forget about it. Come back couple hours its later still on. scary shit.

Yours being a portable unit that you put away after use is a very good move.

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That looks awesome Indy.

Never heard of a ball vape before but seriously tidy device mate. Well impressed with ur skills - genuine artisan!!

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Awesome vape station! I need a new side-table next to my couch and I was think of building something like this. Make it look real nice and a stoner luxury experience. Your portable design has me rethinking my idea....

I have the same PID controller on my Old Head Freight Train (Fusion). Just press up/down and then the left button to set. The temps sound scary hot at first. Mine is set at 600F/315C, which is much higher than my portable vapes (200-210C). This is a simpler device and it only measures the temp at the heating coil, not at the herb chamber like a portable. The titanium body of the head soaks up a lot of that heat, then the balls do too, and then the glass, and the air in the flow path. Finally, the heat hits your herbs. It took me a week of fiddling with the temps to end up at 600F, the same temp everybody on the interwebs said to use with my particular model. The internet actually gave me good advice (y)

I understand the people saying its an End Game type set-up. I imagine it could last a very long time and both coil & PID are easy to replace. The coils used in ball heads are repurposed expresso machine heaters, so they should be around forever. But, I can see myself collecting glass for it. Different glass = different cooling, flavour, and fun!

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Nah, she's a dry bong setup. And it quite surprising how well it works on cooling the vape down. Smoothest vape experience i've had yet.

Many hipsters refer to ball vapes as their "end game". A terminology that doesn't sit well with me (bloody flogs). But i can relate to why they think it's pretty good experience. It's the the smoothest vape/bong hit i've had to date, and you get a good hit off of it.
I agree with it being my smoothest and probably best vape experience. It can be used as a wet bong but dry is fine I prefer to leave the water out if I can.

I’d say it’s the closest you can get to smoking a bong without combustion. Downside is it fucking rips through the weed when your pumping it hard and can be a bit deadly.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Awesome vape station! I need a new side-table next to my couch and I was think of building something like this. Make it look real nice and a stoner luxury experience. Your portable design has me rethinking my idea....

I have the same PID controller on my Old Head Freight Train (Fusion). Just press up/down and then the left button to set. The temps sound scary hot at first. Mine is set at 600F/315C, which is much higher than my portable vapes (200-210C). This is a simpler device and it only measures the temp at the heating coil, not at the herb chamber like a portable. The titanium body of the head soaks up a lot of that heat, then the balls do too, and then the glass, and the air in the flow path. Finally, the heat hits your herbs. It took me a week of fiddling with the temps to end up at 600F, the same temp everybody on the interwebs said to use with my particular model. The internet actually gave me good advice (y)

I understand the people saying its an End Game type set-up. I imagine it could last a very long time and both coil & PID are easy to replace. The coils used in ball heads are repurposed expresso machine heaters, so they should be around forever. But, I can see myself collecting glass for it. Different glass = different cooling, flavour, and fun!
From what I read the display can have different accuracies between manufactures as well so it really is a test and see kind of thing. I’m using 690 degrees on the mine but that’s because I like to get a real heavy roast on the bud and even 690 is up there, I’ve gone as low as 640 but it starts getting whispy and not a “hit”. I think it was around 730-740 I was getting a tiny taste of computation.

I recon the heads with coils exposed to the air like a pinky or the slim titaniums require higher temps on the controller.

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Downside is it fucking rips through the weed when your pumping it hard and can be a bit deadly.
Haha, don't you just. I think I disposed of a 1.5g - 2g bud yestie without trying. Bloody nice hit though each 'n every time.

It took me a week of fiddling with the temps to end up at 600F, the same temp everybody on the interwebs said to use with my particular model

m using 690 degrees on the mine but that’s because I like to get a real heavy roast on the bud and even 690 is up there, I’ve gone as low as 640 but it starts getting whispy and not a “hit”. I think it was around 730-740 I was getting a tiny taste of computation.

Yeah, I'm finding 660 is the bare minimum and yet at 710 I was getting a light tan char to it, similar colour to Taylor made ciggy tobacco. So yeah, still looking for the sweet spot.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Haha, don't you just. I think I disposed of a 1.5g - 2g bud yestie without trying. Bloody nice hit though each 'n every time.

Yeah, I'm finding 660 is the bare minimum and yet at 710 I was getting a light tan char to it, similar colour to Taylor made ciggy tobacco. So yeah, still looking for the sweet spot.
If say mines a bit darker than that. Almost a milk chocolate colour. Like almost to the point of combustion but not quite there.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Well, i've done a couple of laps and i'm right back where i started, with a temp of 700 Fahrenheit (factory setting). With 3 good rips, i'm ending up with it charred like this. Which i'm pretty content with (i hope, lol).

chrdvpbd.jpg

Top Bottom