Autopots vs blumats

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Go rdwc bro 😎
So literally the easiest to stuff up in some way.
I guess I’m just really trying to find a method that I can’t stuff up lol
Hand water coco. You can use the mega I gave you (can be used in a res as well but I wouldn’t as it’s the first generation formula which has some reported gunking problems in res systems due to some cheap humic/fulvic not staying in suspension but isn’t an issue hand watering). Just ph it between 5.6-5.9 and go off the green leaf feed chart

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

waratah

Germinating
User ID
I've used the Autopot system for 3 years and never had a problem. I can leave the girls a couple of weeks without even looking at them. 50/50 perlite and vermiculite and the supplied nutes as per instructions are the best way to start. No other additives required.
My favorite medium is: A quality organic potting mix up the top of your pot with 50 or 60mm of the perl/verm mix down the bottom of the pot in the 'wet zone'. No pH testing. No other chemicals (except a bit of CalMag now and then, I think it just makes me feel better).
Veg and quality flower are unbelievable with a 190w (at the wall) $175 burple in 75cm x 75cm x 200cm tent. K.I.S.S.

waratah

Germinating
User ID
Hang on, . . hang on, . . I say, . . or meant . . . it's unbelievable that it grows well, and heads so well in such a simple setup.
The quality and taste blows away the bought stuff (apparently). I haven't bought for 30 years !
My mates often have to leave their cars at my place because they want to walk home (old farts) . . Ha !
I thonk (I don't think) it's because it's fresh, only having 4 to 8 weeks maturing.
I'll try to post some pics.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
all I got from autopots was disaster ,,,wet feet in flower.

no ph testing ? What nutes are you using ?

waratah

Germinating
User ID
First things first. Autopot has a few meanings/Brands. Mine come from Melb. 150 smackaroos for a 2 pot system + extra tray and 2 pots (4 in all) is/was yours the same ?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
yeah I got the same ,,also the hanging ones and the little 4 pot trays.

Been thinking I might use them outside for plants that like wetter conditions.

waratah

Germinating
User ID
yeah I got the same ,,also the hanging ones and the little 4 pot trays.

Been thinking I might use them outside for plants that like wetter conditions.
I can't figure out why we would have different outcomes ?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
i had 16 plants ,,an aerated tank & good ph but all the leaves dried ,,buds were decent size but smoke was a little harsh with some of the plants..
got Photos on another site so if I can find them I put a couple up.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Forgot to mention that when the leaves started dying I removed the reservoirs and just hand fed the pots ,,I think that saved them from dying.

waratah

Germinating
User ID
Hi Sedge,
Your set up is a lot larger than mine (wow! 16 plants). I have 2 or 4, did you use the supplied nutes? and did you add any other additives. My tap water is sitting on pH 7.75 plus. When I added my supplied A and B nutes it dropped to pH 6.2 to 6.5 (perfect) never had to check it again throughout the grow. No aeration, no exhaust, no extra nutes, no heat and a very small fan in the bottom blowing upwards. It gets hot inside around Xmas time but what else do I expect !

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I use Growrite and Budrite,,

plants did well in veg but went downhill in flower

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Funny that link going nowhere,,I went back and one of the mods has erased the whole grow diary,,
,onya mongy

Well that’s the typical petty behaviour that
had people jumping ship to come here..

sorry Waratah but I got no pictures now .lol

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
T
Just had a look and it's still there @Sedge, but you have to be logged in to view it.

Also the URL I'm using is a little different to the one you posted ->

Thanks Pikey that got me to it,,,
Originally I had looked through the old diarys to find it and put up the link ,but next day it was off the list ,,
still is ,,,chronologically should be second last on the list..they replaced it with a diary from the previous year.
weird shit.
E7ACC802-3F2A-435F-903D-C603738A5DE6.png

Top Bottom