Article about LED lighting

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
How many hps grows u done porky?

must be a few at least to be able to compare and say the leds shit all over the salties?
If that’s not enough check out the horticulture professor in the vid on my thread also shitting on HID compared to LEDs it’s actually quite interesting.
He should be qualified enough for ya I hope. 😏

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
They do look the goods, the twin panel would do 4x4 bloom?
2 x 240watts HLG will light up a 4 x4 Gazz. With two separate lights(rather than a single 550 watt) you can vary heights to canopy, allowing us to grow different strains/heights. Plus you'll get some benefits from light overlapping in between two lights.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
A compelling argument in this article Frank. I understood optimal PPFD for flowering to be around 900ish. Interesting point about the loss of efficiency above 600ppfd. The author doesn't like Chinese knock offs...lol. The way the article reads, this guy may have a vested interest with Fluence. Lol. Although to be fair, he mentions both Phillips and GE moving into LED technology.

Yeh i think he just quotes a lot about fluence due to them being used with the testing at universities. If you stayed to the end of the article he does point out drawbacks to LED, interesting that he basically only referring to the new strip style led. Not the full quantum board style.

He does mention he has been quoted for one of his commercial setups by a large company he didn't mention which one specifically just the ppf of the lights he chose.

One thing to note these yeilds require optimal enviorments (temp. c02) if you don't ahve that doesn't matter what lighting you gonna push at them

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeh i think he just quotes a lot about fluence due to them being used with the testing at universities. If you stayed to the end of the article he does point out drawbacks to LED, interesting that he basically only referring to the new strip style led. Not the full quantum board style.

He does mention he has been quoted for one of his commercial setups by a large company he didn't mention which one specifically just the ppf of the lights he chose.

One thing to note these yeilds require optimal enviorments (temp. c02) if you don't ahve that doesn't matter what lighting you gonna push at them
Yeah, his report seemed reasonably objective, as he commented on both pros and cons. It wasn't a straight out sales pitch....

Frankyboy

Germinating
User ID
Yeah leds are the best lights ever especially ones with them mean well drivers, if I could just get one with a heater built into it so I could keep my temps in range I’d be happy as a pig in shit 😆

maybe 1000w of led might just be enough to heat me 3x3😂
Hgl650r throws more heat than I would have thought mste, bloody throw some light as well

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Hgl650r throws more heat than I would have thought mste, bloody throw some light as well

Yeh mate, watt for watt, LED will produce same heat as a HID it's just all comes out the back rather than radiantly from the bulb.

I'm not even going to bother with this one
lights don't make a pot grower is all I'll say,
and maybe, get ya hand off it some of you blokes

The SUN rules IMO (y)

Ahh i see the original pedro popping his head up. Yes the sun is the best, i heard the sky is also blue :)

I would be interested if you actually read the article in full, and what your actual problems were with it.

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
I don't care frank, I don't grow pot anymore, well not using lights anyway, and not very much
me eyes are fucked from HPS, no way would I use a LED, its the wrong light, it will fuck your eyes IMO

who cares if it grows pot as good or better than HPS ? I don't do you ?
but when people bag HPS and say LED is twice as good, I tend to speak up, because its bullshit hey, IMO ?? and anyone that knows

keep Pedro out of it hey frank, ffs

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Hey pedro mate, the year i've seen you post online i think you've stopped growing multiple times! What happened to the previous time about 2 weeks ago?

Who cares? Well for one I do, as the only plants i am able to grow are indoors. I would like to produce the best buds I can for the least amount of electricity. The world doesn't revolve around you mate :p

It's pretty clear top quality leds can output the same or higher amounts of PPF (photons) from the light source as any top quality double ended HPS bulb using less electricity. What's more is you are able to include the full spectrum of a HPS bulb as well as more bringing the LED spectrum much closer to that of the sun.

Sorry mate, but I don't think you can just be an ass get banned on multiple forums then expect people to just call you a new name every 2 weeks as if you've changed your tune.

Goodluck with the seed selling!

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Never been banned frank, i'll bring back Pedro if you like, we all know what a cunt he is hey

good for for you, reckon i grow the cheapest indoor pot going IMO
seeya mate, personally I reckon LED's are shit, and not just for the EYES
HPS kills em

there ya go mate I'm done here (y)

Pedro de pacas

User ID
Yes I have frank, and more than once, seen a few first hand as well
didn't know it was your thread, just seen Porky doing her usual shit, and thought I wouldn't get into the usual bullshit ?

Nothing was aimed at you frank, got no need to quote anybody mate, about what anyway ?? it doesn't prove anything
its just another opinion, I like me own better hey :cool:

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I do agree with you that the claims of double as better get thrown around a lot as wrong.

Must of missed the post where you tried them out lsot in all the others.

I meant quote others as in potentially scientific source since i still don't think you personally have used an LED lighting source.

I'm not taking this personally don't worry, but you are making claims based on the fact that you yeild and grow well with HPS, which no one claims otherwise.

Pedro de pacas

User ID
you don't think I've used a LED, OK
reckon I know a lot more about LED's than most growers
used to be invested in a company that made LED's ??

Just for you Frank, I'll do a LED grow, not yet tho its to cold for HPS, wouldn't bother with a LED
but over summer I will do a small led grow ?,what LED would you recommend ?

its the internet nothing is "personal" just ?? got some 315 CMH,s a 400 watt MH with $200 globes ? not shit ones
have had 150 to 1000 HPS ballasts/globes. ran a 1000w MH,

Leds have been around for 20 years, you don't i might of tried 1 or 2 ??

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Let us know what LEDs of this century are lacking for horticultural uses, I assume with that much investment you know more about lighting and electronics than me. Help us all learn.

So you are back to growing indoors again? quick turn around.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Let us know what LEDs of this century are lacking for horticultural uses, I assume with that much investment you know more about lighting and electronics than me. Help us all learn.

So you are back to growing indoors again? quick turn around.
Fuck Frank don’t waste ya time with this looser. His ignorance know no bounds.

He used to own shares in a company that made LEDs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What company was that Pedro?
He’s just a total liar frank.
Never been banned that is a fuckin lie right there.
Pedro you a sad pathetic cunt and that’s all there is to say.
Oh yeah and LEDs shit on HPS. 😝🖕🖕

Top Bottom