Article about LED lighting

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
new article just released it is a long read with a lot of stuff that i don't understand but I enjoyed it. Draws a lot of information from the commercial sector.

I found the difference between ppf and ppfd of a certain fixture to be quite interesting and how it affects crops.

Edit* i should probably link it

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
A compelling argument in this article Frank. I understood optimal PPFD for flowering to be around 900ish. Interesting point about the loss of efficiency above 600ppfd. The author doesn't like Chinese knock offs...lol. The way the article reads, this guy may have a vested interest with Fluence. Lol. Although to be fair, he mentions both Phillips and GE moving into LED technology.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just another of many articles saying the same thing. 😂😂
Pity the captain of the salt light defence brigade is on holiday. 😂
Maybe some of the other brigade members will come to the defence of their precious HIDs with some more ill informed bullshit. 😝

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just another of many articles saying the same thing. 😂😂
Pity the captain of the salt light defence brigade is on holiday. 😂
Maybe some of the other brigade members will come to the defence of their precious HIDs with some more ill informed bullshit. 😝

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Yeah leds are the best lights ever especially ones with them mean well drivers, if I could just get one with a heater built into it so I could keep my temps in range I’d be happy as a pig in shit 😆

maybe 1000w of led might just be enough to heat me 3x3😂

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Yeah leds are the best lights ever especially ones with them mean well drivers, if I could just get one with a heater built into it so I could keep my temps in range I’d be happy as a pig in shit 😆

720 watts of LED keeps my 5 X 5 flower tent in mid twenties through winter. 😘But I have 3 X Meanwell drivers in there to maintain sufficient heat. But a hlg135 led can't keep my 3x 3 veg tent warm enough in winter. I've temporarily switched the veg light over to a 400 watt HPS until mid September. For sure, the climate ( and season) we live,/grow in will influence suitability of lights.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

Mate I run 3 lights and 2 greenhouse heaters for 960w and I guarantee my tent is warmer like that than if I ran 1 1000w salt light.
I’ll even guarantee that I’ll grow more buds aswell 🤣🤣

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
How many hps grows u done porky?

must be a few at least to be able to compare and say the leds shit all over the salties?
😂😂😂 smart arse.
When I was younger me mums boyfriend used 1000w in a cupboard which I grew a few plants in with him.
1 of me mates uses nothing but 600w and another mate ran 630w cmh for a few years till he got into LEDs
I’m not stupid enough to waste me money and own one but I’ve used em and close mates use em.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Hope that qualifies me enough to shit on em.
Ya don’t have to believe me mate just read any article about em. If ya want I’ll link a shit load here but I think I’ve made me point. 😂😂😂

Top Bottom