ABC - Australian Bastard Cannabis - legit?

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Hey all.
I was reading awhile ago about the ABC, and I understood that it is not commercially available, yet I have found this site.
Legit or not?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
Humboldt Seed company, Mandalorian Genetics etc have released it. also DC collectibls in aus have em. not cheap though. i really wanted it but not for the money asked.

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Humboldt Seed company, Mandalorian Genetics etc have released it. also DC collectibls in aus have em. not cheap though. i really wanted it but not for the money asked.
Thanks,
Hasn't Humboldt closed down? I am seriously considering getting a hold of some seeds but they are pretty high up there. Can not find DC Collectables in AU. says California, unless I have the wrong link.

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
mate it takes lots of breeding to get get a decent smoke from them , maybe never

If you growing to smoke don't grow them , if you growing for ornamental plants , yeah they look nice
This exactly. I like rare and ornamental plants. Ill grow other strains for patients.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Imo and many others the genetics are not 100% what they claim

To be brutetally honest , there would be very few that actually have the true genetic heritage

I only know of 1 person that could really claim to have some of the original, the man you brought it public notice in the first place , many yrs after the fact

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
The pics in that original link, the plant looks seeded.

Would like to see some pics of one out in nature.

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I've a bit of a hunch that some wild hemp crossed with something out there in the australian wild due to, for lack of a better word, a freak accident or slim odds, we had a hole in the ozone layer so solar radiation was a bit higher than usual, general background radiation was all over the place all over the globe, we were using some crazy herbicides/chemicals as well that in theory and has been proven to damage genomes. But realistically pinpointing when the cross happened who knows. They should really send the fuckin thing to a university for genome testing and comparison, the most ideal would be somewhere in Australia but sheeeit we got a torie, right-wing government that wants a cuckold on everything.
Perhaps the hemp was under attack either by a pest or fungus and its defense system was going haywire and some other genetic material, whether that be pollen or god knows what, came along and the plant absorbed that and that genetic material made it into the cell then the genome.
As weird as it sounds, it's quite easily achievable in a controlled environment. But for it to happen in the wild is slim and for it to be somewhat stable to continue living is even more slimmer. Bit like life itself, then intelligence itself.

Last edited:

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
either that or it was survival of the fittest for them, and they found a way to survive albeit differently, remember we are in upside down land and this land has been cut off from pangea for donkeys years or hundreds of thousands of years, everything here slowly evolved to the conditions and we have seen how quickly some species can adapt when forced too. Given that the genome of cannabis seems to be able to adapt quickly, likely due to its diecious nature and that when it was brang to australia whether as hemp or as 'cannabis' it would of likely had landrace strains of just about every corner of the globe in there somewhere, from high desert to tropical rainforest. It probably just figured out a way to exist, whatever happened it should be cherised. A happy accident or abonimation depending on your ideology or world-view. Either way its here and we should celebrate the fact that it made it and its here.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Cherished @benn0 ?

I don’t understand the fascination. Looks like shit and quite obviously is canna in flower.

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Cherished @benn0 ?

I don’t understand the fascination. Looks like shit and quite obviously is canna in flower.
Something different, we could learn something from it, whether it be purely academic or something that has practical value, who knows. Only checking it out could we know, which is what I think should be the absolute least we should do.
At least give it some academic attention and investigation. Nothing ridiculously thorough, expensive or time consuming but a looksy could reveal something interesting or it could not and we can move on.

I'm thinking from a purely botanical stand-point at this point in time, an academic botanical standpoint I guess.

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
Puggle when he was around mentioned that he secured some of the ABC from the never never forrest and sent it to Mandalorian to breed out and stabilise. so what he has on the site should be stable. its still a bit pricey for me.
I want to retain aussie 'landrace' if you can call it that but not at a massive mark up.

future me to grow out

Madmick

Baked
User ID
What a load of shit l, the never never
forest , no such thing

A couple of areas have been called the never never, 1 in the far north of northern territory

The other far north Queensland

The is a area near Dorrigo some times refereed to as never never as well promised land

Never never river also near Dorrigo

You blokes believe anything

By the way that is no where near where they were discovered and grow only here that I know of

Its no freak , its a Australian land race sativa

I know a few old fellas who have stories about it passed down for centuries

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
More a novelty strain than a serious producer of anything notable.
a few seed banks have played with it same outcome (not much.)
Most people don't have room for plants that produce ( Not much)
Anyone that forks out good money for this well....don't be stupid if it was any good it would be everywhere crossed with everything !✌🏻

Zorro_7

Blooming
User ID
I remember seeing a photo of that stuff at the local police station ages ago. First time I seen it. I think I was high on Afghan there was a fella called Bob lurking about.

This was well before Mongyman put up some photos on the internet. There was some American bloke who was into growing the stuff as well. He started breeding it and putting up photos all over the internet. I wonder if that American bloke actually pulled his finger out and released some packs. Must have. lol

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm curious to understand its inner workings, like I said if we were to treat it like regular cannabis probably wont do much but something happened and im guessing some unique circumstances lead to this thing coming to be.
Botanically I want to sus, some people will fork out for bonsai, some for orchids, others for bulbs (then almost bring down the entire dutch kingdom) but yeah botanically I wanna know its story.
I dunno, the definition of landrace can have many different meanings, but hey if it somehow survived out there from even the first fleet from hemp growing for sails and rope then that would be interesting, if it somehow arrived earlier than that then shit even more interesting.
There is only really legend surrounding the origins I guess, someone found it and starting messing about with it to see if anything could come of it. Unfortunetly I bet if there was anything hemp like growing out there, then forestry or some authority would come along and hit it with their eradication program so its likely gone.
Shit could be some wollomi pine story behind it even if we wanna go landrace story

nici

Germinating
User ID
Is mongy still kicking over at OS? I remember reading his thread and thought it was quite interesting.

I'm sure there's probably other Australian based landraces out there, maybe not many due to the eradication programs but surely others have survived.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Lol.....someone posted me ABC seeds(allegedly) when I joined ozstoners four years ago. Hahahaha. I read elsewhere the THC levels were akin to hemp, and yield akin to autoflowers. But, I do have an eskimo for sale 🤣 if anyone wants to make me an offer I may consider selling it. Was lived in by a remote innuit tribe whose average lifespan is 150 years+. The guy who lived in this one was easily over 200 years old. 🤣

Top Bottom