1st Hydro grow - HELP!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
As for RDWC temps. Yes, summer it not an ideal time.

I'm in QLD though and never ran a chiller, and I've had reservoir temps up around 22-24c on ocassions. But that can be managed with hydrogen peroxide, and frozen 3L milk bottles (filled with water) that I drop into the reservoir when the temps start to climb during the peak of the day.

I have 35L reservoir, and 2x 45L grow tubs. If drop one of those frozen 3L milk bottles into the res, it'll drop the temp by 3c over the space of 3 hours and keep me out of strife.

I also have a 2.2kW A/C in a lung room setup that keeps the room under 25c these days as well though. That made a huge difference when it's 35c plus, outdoors.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
the heat waves are a bastard .
True. as i mentioned, ive had a few 35c plus days since getting the A/C earlier this year. But im yet to be tested with a several day heatwave. I'm reasonably confident i could fight one off. Might have up the 3L milk bottle count in the res though.

Regardless, im going to find out in time.

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
True. as i mentioned, ive had a few 35c plus days since getting the A/C earlier this year. But im yet to be tested with a several day heatwave. I'm reasonably confident i could fight one off. Might have up the 3L milk bottle count in the res though.

Regardless, im going to find out in time.
I don't know how you keep up with the ice Indy, I struggle just to remember to keep my res topped up every few days

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I don't know how you keep up with the ice Indy, I struggle just to remember to keep my res topped up every few days
I've gone mad with bluetooth monitoring shit these days. I've 8 monitors taking readings over the entire show, including one logging outdoor weather as well. If need be I can get notifications when if temp/humidity/VPD gets out of acceptable ranges. To be honest, it's eliminated a shitload of guess work for me. Fuckin technology aye..

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
OK, I went to the store and showed them pics and they agree it is more than likely the ph and lack of CalMag. So loaded up with a bottle and a new pH meter.

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
Just to chime in I'd say p.h is your problem. I run my dwc buckets at 5.8 and I start noting issues if it get much higher than 6 or so. You should be able to wing it without an ec meter for now, Start with all fresh nutrient solution with p.h @ 5.8, you should see improvement in 48hrs.
Thanks. I will be doing that today.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
16L 3x3' tent, mars hydro led, TSW 2000, 6"exchaust fan, scrog net. Hi-Gen grow and Bloom, Budlink.
Nice little setup that should do the trick. Just keep an eye on the root balls. If I was using that setup, I'd probably turn them (to flower) before the root balls filled the 16L tubs by a 1/3. That's the downside with using smaller buckets.

The grow before last, I outgrew in a 20L bucket and lost them while was down sick for a week. And because of that lesson, I use 45L tubs and still managed to fill them 2/3's with rootballs.

Good luck with it. And get a EC meter like someone previously mentioned, if you haven't already.

Top Bottom