Spiderfarmer crap

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Since this thread popped up the other day. I've been thinking of whipping up a video of me frying a egg on this 1k driver i have here. It's packed up at the moment, but when i dig it out next, i'll give it a crack.

I'll give em a hand with their marketing. 😄

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I have a basic understanding of wiring but yes good idea.
I have wired up solenoids from control panels to brewing tanks before but that doesn’t qualify me as an electrician 😂
Depends how confident you are and you know what to look for

If the wires are hard , stiff , black or obvious signs of damage

All connections are tight , ie you can't pull them out by hand

Unscrew the red cable and check its still normal inside , no signs of burning or corrosion

If you have a meter you can check for shorts in wiring

Apart from that not more you can do unless you have ready made replacement parts

If you're not confident don't do it

As long as it unplugged and you put it back where it came from you won't damage it or yourself

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Bloody' hell, what are the chances.. :oops:

i think there's a good reason that this particular hoverboard is "currently unavailable". We got one of the kids one last xmas, and by mid-arvy she was busted with one of the wheels off. The plastic casting that contains a bearing, onto the axle is that thin, the outer bearing smashes its way out eventually. Just riding over concrete joins was enough to do the damage, and kid was no more than 45kg.

Fortunately i didnt get jerked around getting a refund. And now i got a kickarse electric motor i gotta figure out what to do with it. It's got a shitload of torque for its size, lol.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Bloody' hell, what are the chances.. :oops:

i think there's a good reason that this particular hoverboard is "currently unavailable". We got one of the kids one last xmas, and by mid-arvy she was busted with one of the wheels off. The plastic casting that contains a bearing, onto the axle is that thin, the outer bearing smashes its way out eventually. Just riding over concrete joins was enough to do the damage, and kid was no more than 45kg.

Fortunately i didnt get jerked around getting a refund. And now i got a kickarse electric motor i gotta figure out what to do with it. It's got a shitload of torque for its size, lol.
My kids want one.
That is going to be a big NOPE from me 😂

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
Fuck I still cannot believe anyone would put these pieces of shit into their homes and run them in inclosed spaces for long periods of time!!
I put a link to the company that makes Mars, Kingbrite, Viparspectra and Spider Garbage and a few others!!
I thought those brands were sort of mid-tier but might be over-estimating. What brand lights would you rate ok?

pug

Vegetating
User ID
Well I’m actually going to start companion planting.
Two canna together with carrots, garlic, dill for the pest deterrent and if it fits some chamomile.
Also running strawberries inside too.
g'day Aye :)

like the way your thinking mate - companion planting is a win/win i reckon.

one thing that could be worth pondering though with with carrots and garlic and canna is that there might be a bit of soil disturbance if harvesting the carrots or garlic before the canna - depending on how big your pot is and also how close together.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I thought those brands were sort of mid-tier but might be over-estimating. What brand lights would you rate ok?
There is really only 2 tiers with LED!! Very good and very shit!!
These are probably the only brands I would put in my house.
Hlg, Gla, chilled, California Lightworks, gravita, Lumatec and a few others!
Saying this the reason is not these brands will grow heaps better or bigger buds they are just far better made and higher quality parts are used which are far less likely to fail which could be anything from simply not working to actually catching on fire and burning your house down!!
Also none of the companies mentioned above would FUCKING NEVER instruct you to carry out your own electrical works on their products!! 🤣

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
There is really only 2 tiers with LED!! Very good and very shit!!
These are probably the only brands I would put in my house.
Hlg, Gla, chilled, California Lightworks, gravita, Lumatec and a few others!
Saying this the reason is not these brands will grow heaps better or bigger buds they are just far better made and higher quality parts are used which are far less likely to fail which could be anything from simply not working to actually catching on fire and burning your house down!!
Also none of the companies mentioned above would FUCKING NEVER instruct you to carry out your own electrical works on their products!! 🤣
You’re probs right mate but do you know of any Spiderfarmer lights that have actually burnt down
someone’s house yet ? Asking for a friend.

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Not the right type of temperature gauge but roughly 50 degrees running at 100 percent ( actually 50 degrees running at 80 percent also) ultra budget grower 20230221_140611.jpg

Top Bottom