Does anyone calculate NPKg/L for soil?

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Title kind if says it, does anyone go as far as to calculate how much total nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium they're putting into their soils?

Eg, using richgro blood & bone for eg.
You use 100g in a 20L mix, it's 8% N, 1% P, 1% K, so you're putting 0.4g of N, 0.05g P, 0.05g K/L in the mix.
You're also using manure, and anything else, so averages of them added to the abobe grams tc.

Or are there too many variables and just wing it with the dose/m2 package instructions and trying to calculate actual amounts is not that necessary?

Cheers

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Mate you seem to worry more about your plants health than the poison /cadmium, your putting in your soil .which will get sucked up into the plant to be smoked ,,,then end up inside you and anyone else that smokes it. ,I pity any poor cunt that gets any if your selling it ,,And if it’s only for you then I can’t fathom why you’d use the shit after being warned about that Yara Mila product..

as for your above question ,,just wing it.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
have to agree with @Sedge

to many variables without lab soil testing
if your going with adding amendments best to go with the less is more rule of thumb
because lots of amendments that you might be adding for P or K that'll still have N in it

you can always top dress , which is allot more forgiving , later on during the grow
but top dressing , just like your soil mix , require the soil life to consume organic matter & convert it into a plant available nutrient

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Mate you seem to worry more about your plants health than the poison /cadmium, your putting in your soil .which will get sucked up into the plant to be smoked ,,,then end up inside you and anyone else that smokes it. ,I pity any poor cunt that gets any if your selling it ,,And if it’s only for you then I can’t fathom why you’d use the shit after being warned about that Yara Mila product..

I'm guessing this bloke works in the IT industry!! 🤣

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
In

In 1kg of that fertilizer there will be 0.0125mg cadmium. I think there's bigger things to worry about when it comes to toxicity.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
" Cannabis, in particular, is adept at absorbing heavy metals from the soil. That's because cannabis is a bioaccumulator or phytoremediator. This means cannabis is highly effective at absorbing and retaining chemicals and elements like heavy metals from its environment "

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Like itchybro said. Without a proper soil test. There’s no way to really tell.
The plants will take up what nutrients they need.

I think you’re right to be cautious on the amounts of macros if you’re building a soil from scratch and if you think it’s a little hot just leave it to sit for awhile before planting. Maybe plant some flowers or herbs to test it out.

But if you’re just using a simple mix then follow the guidelines and let the soil biology do it’s thing.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
In

In 1kg of that fertilizer there will be 0.0125mg cadmium. I think there's bigger things to worry about when it comes to toxicity.

you might think there’s bigger things to worry about but why do you think they put a warning on the bag ?

For shits and giggles or because it is so toxic .?

Got Me fucked why you think other things would be more worrying.
Or is it coz you ain’t gonna be smoking it ,so someone else’s problem ?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
you might think there’s bigger things to worry about but why do you think they put a warning on the bag ?

Nope...just putting it into perspective at the end of they day...smoking a pack of ciggies and downing a carton of piss a few times a week alongside inflammatory diets and the insane amount of environmental pollutants around us is probably a far bigger problem for most people than the microgram or so of cadmium used to grow a single plant in a single pot.

They put warnings about the toxicity of cigarettes and alcohol too, are we going to keep the same energy there?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
yeah that’s coz ciggies are carcinogenic and can kill.
So is cadmium…and an accumulator in the plant and soil,,but here you are ,like a prime DC saying it’s ok to use for weed ..

just coz you don’t give a fuck about toxic shit ,don’t mean you should back up their use,,and if you do it shows you don’t give a fuck about other people..

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID

Wow @Sedge
Well spoken.
Don't use the shit simple.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Theres no need for childish abuse. The reality of the situation is that an average dose of yarra has less than a microgram of cadmium. We do have bigger worries environmentally when it comes to toxins, and most of them are legal and socially accepted.
yeah that’s coz ciggies are carcinogenic and can kill.
So is cadmium…and an accumulator in the plant and soil,,but here you are ,like a prime DC saying it’s ok to use for weed ..

just coz you don’t give a fuck about toxic shit ,don’t mean you should back up their use,,and if you do it shows you don’t give a fuck about other people..

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Theres no need for childish abuse. The reality of the situation is that an average dose of yarra has less than a microgram of cadmium. We do have bigger worries environmentally when it comes to toxins.
Where is the childish abuse ?.
Any thing childishness is your promotion of using the shit.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nope...just putting it into perspective at the end of they day...smoking a pack of ciggies and downing a carton of piss a few times a week alongside inflammatory diets and the insane amount of environmental pollutants around us is probably a far bigger problem for most people than the microgram or so of cadmium used to grow a single plant in a single pot.

They put warnings about the toxicity of cigarettes and alcohol too, are we going to keep the same energy there?
Before we bust out the 🍿 do/can the metals or toxins like cadmium be ingested when smoked or vaped??
Obviously I would assume if eaten then yes you would be consuming said metals and toxins.

Top Bottom