Ledgend lights

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’m time poor atm, mrs wants me to buil a stable, busy at work too. I’ll check out them vids, I’ve got a bit of time before summer hits.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I’m time poor atm, mrs wants me to buil a stable, busy at work too. I’ll check out them vids, I’ve got a bit of time before summer hits.
Just get 2 HLG 260 rspec from quick bloom then mate. I promise ya can’t go wrong with em. They take 10mins a light to assemble and you’ll get a discount code being a member here. Use just 1 for veg then put the 2nd in when ya go 12/12

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I don't hate the spiderfarmer but i personally would spend the money on better quality if i was to do things again.

The more I read about HLG the more it seems there lights are very similar to spiderfarmers in terms of parts used, as they source there boards from china and don't actually make them they are just put together in the USA.

puggle6

Baked
User ID

if you can do a bit of diy, this is as cheap as it gets for lm301 diodes, some of the commercial offerings have fancy diode mixes but many just the same boards in a pre built kit

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Been looking at the cutter.com.au site recently, and I think the dude has added a wealth of knowledge for custom DIY led builds.

it includes different sized builds.

Seriously considering this way in the future, aiming for a 800-900 average ppfd over the covered area. or up to 1500 avg ppfd with c02

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Also seems biggest difference between board style and strip style LED's is penetration, stripstyle offers a more even canopy at the cost of penetration.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Been looking at the cutter.com.au site recently, and I think the dude has added a wealth of knowledge for custom DIY led builds.

it includes different sized builds.

Seriously considering this way in the future, aiming for a 800-900 average ppfd over the covered area. or up to 1500 avg ppfd with c02
Cutter are unreal if you want a very high end board with multi channels and diode mixes but quite expensive and a little slow (y)

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Yeh i def wouldn't be buying LED without proper mix of spectrums personally. Seems they make there boards/strips to order may be why they on the slower side, regardless would feel good to support an Australian company as well.

puggle6

Baked
User ID
Also seems they using new nichia (spelt wrong) diodes which are a japanese company. claim 3.1 umoul/j efficiancy
yeah if you want insane specs you could order some insane combinations...

they also drive their boards very hard, some on their Instagram are insane 🤯

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Just get 2 HLG 260 rspec from quick bloom then mate. I promise ya can’t go wrong with em. They take 10mins a light to assemble and you’ll get a discount code being a member here. Use just 1 for veg then put the 2nd in when ya go 12/12
Agree porky, do it gazza , I've upgraded me HLG260V2, to the Rspec boards, and never looking back.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Not that my two bob's amount to much as i know fuck all about LED's.

But i have been quite fond of Tunk's strips setup for a while, only mod would be add at least another 50% more than what he started with, but i think i seen that he's sorted that since and got some more?

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
When I get it I’ll chuck it in with the 200w ufo led.

that will be 440w of leds, will get the hlg light with tax cash.

Top Bottom