Ledgend lights

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
This is what I’m looking at, what ya’s rekon? Will be for me 1.2 x 1.221D61253-F303-48DF-8215-5E91B7D6CD1D.png2750BA53-0873-48F0-86EE-6E2287B9C827.png

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
the HLG 300w won't be enough imo for the 1.2x1.2.

If you get a big led make sure you can dim it easily, one of the downsides of my led light, the fact it isn't dimmable. maybe one of those HLG diy kits from QBL

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
2 x 240 HLG would cover that space Gazza. I'm not suggesting led produces better buds than HPS. But assuming bud quality is the same as HPS, it is cheaper in the long run,, when you factor in replacement globes for HPS and electricity costs. The upfront investment is just one cost, Your other consideration is heat, and depending where your tent is located and seasonal temps, that also needs to be factored in. I grew with HPS over thirty years ago, and I couldn't manage the heat in my environment back then( it's warm to hot here 9 months of the year). In a colder environment in Victoria, HPS may be more suitable for most of the year. Also depends if you're growing year round. Australia is a big country with big temperature fluctuations from north to south, so a QLD solution might not suit a VIC climate.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
So what led would be a good buy to illuminate that area if your on a budget say midrange ?✌🏻
Ask Frank Reynolds what he thinks of the Spider Farmer brand. Price of Chinese knock offs are nearly approaching prices of HLG.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
So what led would be a good buy to illuminate that area if your on a budget say midrange ?✌🏻
Ide have a look at the mars ts series mate. They fairly cheap but I’ve seen some decent results and figures from them.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
These are also very good Gazza

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Gazza you’re a handy cunt ya should look at what tunks and puggs have going if ya like the strips. If ya want to go the quantum boards ide go HLG personally but the Chinese knock offs seem to do just as well for a fair bit cheaper. I’m a firm believer in ya get what ya pay for and I don’t like the idea of a Chinese knock off running 18hours a day at my house.
HLG have a new quantum board out called the Diablo and they look very good but are expensive.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Gazza have a look on YouTube at led grow light depots videos. They Americans but test heaps of different lights with decent information on each test.

Top Bottom