Spider Farmer AKA MARS Hydro AKA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN CHINESE SHITE!!!!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I had the similar thing happen when I was doing air con

When ppl were able to import containers full of cheap Chinese gear it was impossible to compete

At 1/2 the price sometimes lower if a customer was set on them off the went and installed lots of units were faulty

They assumed they had a 10yr warranty. Problem was it wasn't who sold them or installed the units who were responsible

They had to he sent back to China for assessment and if warranty issued fixed and sent back , no replacement

You can imagine none were ever sent back , but I pulled plenty of them our only to install better quality later

So in effect they had no warranty, I'd expect the same applies here or similar with no authorised agents to carry out warranty repairs or replacement

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Back in the 90's around South East Queensland (and i'd imagine elsewhere around the country), There'd be what i'd regard as pop-up store's selling A/C's. Thing is, they'd have Aussie Sales Reps in store, and were doing a roaring trade with the cheap no-name A/C units from China. And they'd go hard for 3-6 months then they'd close up disappear soon thereafter. Only to pop up again elsewhere under a different name and repeat the service.

They'd sell you the units, but couldn't recommend anyone to install them for you. I wonder why..

Last edited:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Wow. You bought the Toyota Hilux, which is broken, and they offer to replace it with a RAV4. Lol.....tell them they're dreaming.

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
So... they've now agreed to provide a replacement SE5000.

But, first I have to send the faulty light back to them... and they are now not providing me with the contact details so I can arrange a courier :rolleyes:

@Chita Spiderfarmer - can you please end these games?
That's good news 👍, hopefully get an address

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
So... they've now agreed to provide a replacement SE5000.

But, first I have to send the faulty light back to them... and they are now not providing me with the contact details so I can arrange a courier :rolleyes:

@Chita Spiderfarmer - can you please end these games?

I have a sneaky suspicion that after they receive the faulty light they will say it’s been tampered with or you did something to void any warranty..
then you will have nothing.
except heaps of anger.

good luck with it though.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Send it through AusPost, get registered post (signature required), and pay insurance up to the cost of replacement. It's fuck all extra, just a few bucks..

That way if they receive it, you have it documented. And if they pull the BS it was damaged during transport, or goes missing, you can make a claim if it proves to be true.

Last edited:

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Just wanted to say a thanks to all that have commented, and an even bigger thanks to those that were able to comment on reddit to help apply some pressure 🤗

Spider Farmer have now agreed to replace the light and I will be putting the faulty one on a courier in the morning... Signature required on receipt and $1000 insured (good idea gents).

So I guess, now I play the waiting game ...Ahh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos! :ROFLMAO:

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Keep all correspondence saying they're giving you a new one in case they pull what Indy said.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They wanna play hardball then here we go...

Idiots have given me an address to send the faulty light to:

Steve ye
5 Kingway dr
Lalor VIC
Australia

Looks to be a residential building... so I guess I'm off on a road trip, if this isn't sorted soon :unsure:

Hey @Postman pat

Google that address.. de ja vu.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Keep all correspondence saying they're giving you a new one in case they pull what Indy said.
I just emailed them to confirm exactly what the deal is and they confirmed that they would be sending me a replacement new SE5000.

Thank you for your email.

Yes, a new black SE5000,like the picture.

Interestingly, the black SE5000 in the picture that I will be recieving, is the same version of the light that I currently have... you know the one they no longer make and don't have a replacement bar for...?

So why they don't just send me a bar from that light as a replacement..? something is not quite right here :unsure:

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
The thread has been removed. What a fucking atrocious way to run a business. It Was a toss up between Spider and Mars,I’m so glad I chose Mars.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yep pretty poor , babies
They could have least handled like men , not socks

Maybe One Drop who brought them here can talk some sense into them ?

Some one take some responsibility, this won't stop until satisfactory results are achieved

The can delete threads. But more can easily be made

You fuck with one of us you fuck with all of us

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Anyone else cop this shit for using the word "fuck " ?

Fuck off Reddit and a special fuck you to chitacunt.

Didn't think much of it at the time, but I got this message from reddit over that thread...

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 21-23-09 reddit.png

With what you got and their blanket down voting of comments, it looks like someone was playing silly buggers :unsure:

Top Bottom