Oils ain’t oils

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Gaz, how do you know that all the alcohol has evaporated?

The only way I know is when I think all the iso/alcohol is gone (this is in the slow cooker) I add drops of water into the oil and it will bubble and when the oil isn't bubbling anymore then the alcohol/iso is gone and you have your pure oil.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Gaz, you turned on a GAS stove, naked flame with all those fumes, no fan, inside.

Mate, the reason people use slow cookers or rice cookers is because there is no naked flame. It is used outside with a fan.

Not only that, the slow cooker has water in it and the Iso stuff is in a seperate bowl floating in the water of the slow cooker...which is on LOW and takes hours for the iso to evaporate.

Well, don't forget to put some drops of water in and when the bubble go away, make sure they have gone then your good to go.

Are you syringing up the oil or in one of those silicone things?

Are you going to mix it with coconut oil?

I don't know...sigh.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
U might be waiting a while mate, i think he took Pedros advice on how 2 dry it out quicker
After waiting 4 most of fumes 2 build up, close all windows and doors, turn off all fans, throw away all fire ext's and hit it with flame thrower
Also turning up oven gas and opening oven door can help that little bit extra
The use of petrol instesd of drops of water at the business end gives it an edge as well

Aahh, well done oil and well done Gazza, sorta like combination omelette i had 4 din-dins:devilish:

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Gaz, you turned on a GAS stove, naked flame with all those fumes, no fan, inside.

Mate, the reason people use slow cookers or rice cookers is because there is no naked flame. It is used outside with a fan.

Not only that, the slow cooker has water in it and the Iso stuff is in a seperate bowl floating in the water of the slow cooker...which is on LOW and takes hours for the iso to evaporate.

Well, don't forget to put some drops of water in and when the bubble go away, make sure they have gone then your good to go.

Are you syringing up the oil or in one of those silicone things?

Are you going to mix it with coconut oil?

I don't know...sigh.
Honestly , give it a rest

When did you make oil ?
Still littering threads with rubbish

No one needs it

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Honestly , give it a rest

When did you make oil ?
Still littering threads with rubbish

No one needs it
Good morning Mic.

Thought you were checking out crossed stipules for males lol

More to the point, when did you make oil and how can you say my warnings here and experience is rubbish?

Anyway, last time was in 2017.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I also make it per Rick Simpsons method and I make it very differently from Gaz's dangerous method.

What I do is decarb trimmed bud first in oven for 1/2 hr on 100F to activate the thca and freeze everything (equipment, ISO) for 24 hrs called winterising to remove fats and get a cleaner oil.

I do two washes with ISO and use a pump to quickly draw the mixed wash through a Lab funnel before doing the slow cooker stuff as already outlined above.

When oil is done I mix it 1/20 with coconut oil and put in capsules, I use a capsule holder to quickly do this then I freeze the capsules.

I ran out of the last batch of capsules last year.

Your turn Mic, love to hear your experience and method.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Best you start going through diaries then , made plenty

No one asked you for your opinions or help

Just liked you jumped into a discussion I was having with porky , no body asked you for your wealth of knowledge, did they ?

Pest

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Best you start going through diaries then , made plenty

No one asked you for your opinions or help

Just liked you jumped into a discussion I was having with porky , no body asked you for your wealth of knowledge, did they ?

Pest

No one asked you here either Mic.

You just hate that I am here and hate that I grow and hate that I share my experience as does everyone else here share their experiences and knowledge.

The hate will eat you up.

Top Bottom