Wtf is happening in Ohio

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Funny how our rail disaster with a few containers derailed made international news but hydrochloric acid rain doesn’t.
Well I thought the weather balloons were a distraction from something ,,
Errant weather balloons have never been news worthy before.

Now see on utube some are saying it’s a distraction from the train derailing.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
It could all have something to do with track maintenance. Have a look at this Ohio track, it's a shocker!
I've seen that before!!
Apparently alot of America's rail looks like this!!
The billion dollar entities that own the tracks and I'm sure all of America's rail is privatised refuse to maintain them because it would cost billions and the safety body has 0 power over them!!

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I grew up in the US at a nexus point for rail to sea freight. I doubt that US media is downplaying the mess in Ohio, or anything more nefarious, but note that hazardous cargo spills are even more common than mass shootings. It's simply not newsworthy. I got evacuated from school numerous times for train derailments, usually benzene tankers. Just be glad that Australia often has higher industrial safety standards...

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It's all about profits, and when it all goes to shit, peg it on some little guy. Rinse 'n repeat..

In fact, its already here. And it's the partial reason why i threw the towel in on a job some years ago when a company made me their health & safety officer. If you've ever read any of the literature regarding legalities of a workplace, you'll soon figure out the system is structured to pin the blame on the closest employee/s involved in an incident. Then they work back from there as far as they can. But most of them above floor/site management have apparently met their obligations. And the only way you can pin it on them is if you've got proof that they've actually intervened and changed a process/function/etc.

The Untouchables..

Last edited:
Top Bottom