Will I be fucked?

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
So I received about 20 seeds from a friend as gift. No idea what the strain are no idea if they are good quality. So I chucked them all in a cup of water without much hope but to my surprise, almost all of them germinated. I didn't wanna get rid of them but worried at the same time since I never grow that amount before. So I gave away some of them to friends when they were ready to be repotted. And I planted 5 outdoor on the ground and 2 in grow bags.
When I got back from a month long overseas stay, they grew into almost 5 feet! 2 in the bags are smaller. So I have now total of 7 plants outdoor and I am constantly worrying what if I get raided later. I am thinking of getting rid of 5 plants and leave just 2 even though they are growing strong.
Or am I just over worrying? Please advice me sensei. I am located in Victoria.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

benn0

Baked
User ID
I'm assuming you live in a built up area? do you know what your neighbours are like?

benn0

Baked
User ID
I'd probably let them grow, maybe some netting to hide them from eyes in the sky or perhaps a trim back sometime soon before flower

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Hard to answer
Good luck, I know it’s hard to kill a nice plant. If they are big now they will be monsters come harvest.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Take a cutting off each plant, label it and chuck it in a glass of water. Put it on a windowsil that receives less than 12 hours light( you may need to manually control the light hours with a curtain). Identify any male plants/cuttings after about 7-10 days, and kill the corresponding male plants. Unlikely you were given 20 fem seeds of unknown origin, most likely they're regs.

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
Here is one of the strong growing plants. I will be so sad if I have to cut it down.

Attachments

• tempImageWtQHUe.png
    tempImageWtQHUe.png
    18.1 MB · Views: 22
  • tempImageDZJHnP.png
    tempImageDZJHnP.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 22

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
Take a cutting off each plant, label it and chuck it in a glass of water. Put it on a windowsil that receives less than 12 hours light( you may need to manually control the light hours with a curtain). Identify any male plants/cuttings after about 7-10 days, and kill the corresponding male plants. Unlikely you were given 20 fem seeds of unknown origin, most likely they're regs.

to clone?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I’m pretty sure it’s still the same penalty in Vic for 1-9 plants

10 and over is the next level of severity.
So, 1,,7 or 9 plants really makes no difference .
if you got busted it will be accepted in court that it was intended for personal use,
Thats as long as there is no evidence of dealing laying around ,,
then its a slap on the wrist,
Keep them trained if you need and don’t stress,,

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
I reckon it also makes a difference if the neighbours have kids for no other reason than some parents are adamant that they can shield their kids from all the bad things in life and can understandably be over protective.

On a similar note, ever wondered how the authorities reach/estimate the value of seized crops?

I have it on good authority that each cannabis plant irrespective of size is valued at $2000.

When I was told I actually didn't have much to say really. I mean you can't really argue with that can you 😄

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
I reckon it also makes a difference if the neighbours have kids for no other reason than some parents are adamant that they can shield their kids from all the bad things in life and can understandably be over protective.

On a similar note, ever wondered how the authorities reach/estimate the value of seized crops?

I have it on good authority that each cannabis plant irrespective of size is valued at $2000.

When I was told I actually didn't have much to say really. I mean you can't really argue with that can you 😄
LOL the last autos I grew I reckon would be valued $200 max 🤣

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
I say keep growing them 🤣👍 but seriously it depends on you and your neighbours, if you're not bringing unwanted attention to the surrounding area ie customers lining up 🤣👍 or smoke pouring out the windows, most people these days are pretty chill about it all..it's when people treat it like a drug it becomes a negative. Anyway sorry for rambling, I hope you don't have to cull to many..

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
I’m pretty sure it’s still the same penalty in Vic for 1-9 plants

10 and over is the next level of severity.
So, 1,,7 or 9 plants really makes no difference .
if you got busted it will be accepted in court that it was intended for personal use,
Thats as long as there is no evidence of dealing laying around ,,
then its a slap on the wrist,
Keep them trained if you need and don’t stress,,
So you are saying it don't matter if I leave 1 or 2 plants huh...
And also I wonder if I will have a criminal record for that.

benn0

Baked
User ID
So you are saying it don't matter if I leave 1 or 2 plants huh...
And also I wonder if I will have a criminal record for that.
don't quote me on this but apparently first time you just get a cannabis caution, unless thats only for possession under a certain amount

edit: actually im pretty sure it is just for possession

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
I say keep growing them 🤣👍 but seriously it depends on you and your neighbours, if you're not bringing unwanted attention to the surrounding area ie customers lining up 🤣👍 or smoke pouring out the windows, most people these days are pretty chill about it all..it's when people treat it like a drug it becomes a negative. Anyway sorry for rambling, I hope you don't have to cull to many..
My neighbours are pretty chilled I think. But not sure about the one from the other side though. The husband look chilled. Not sure about the wife.

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
don't quote me on this but apparently first time you just get a cannabis caution, unless thats only for possession under a certain amount

edit: actually im pretty sure it is just for possession
That's amazing then! I have about less than 10 g left right now from previous grow. And thinking of smoking it all up with mates in this weekends. Just to be safe.

Top Bottom