Where to get an “incognito” auto strain ?

Kerba

Germinating
User ID
The way I “partially” understand it…
I would have to back-cross it 4or 5 times…. Just to solidify 1 or 2 traits like leaf shape and being auto….

I think 1st X you get 1/2-1/4 next X… a larger % then so on u til they all solid-ish…
But I would only be making selections from a dozen plants…
Here's a good article on breeding and Gregor Mendel's laws on crossing.

https://bestseedbank.com/breeding-cannabis-f1-and-f2-explained/

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Kerba

Germinating
User ID
Ive got 7EG’s Drunken Bastard but rather than trying to cross it with some lowryder or White widow.
I thought I would see whats about.
Would love to get some Auto Duck or something like that but Royal Queen don’t ship here.
Any suggestions ?
If only someone would breed an Auto Freakshow.

Kerba

Germinating
User ID
Somebody already is/has. I can't remember where I saw it at the moment, but I'm sure it will come back to me :unsure:

Your comment got me searching. There is a YT channel called Pollen Sax, he's at F5.
There was also something on Autoflower.net & shreddit but they're dead threads now.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Ok I haven't grown it myself but whitewidow.rocks has an auto that's got maybe freakshow or ducks in it..and again I haven't tried it.

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
F8E45001-C33E-4319-85FC-D7D10271B3CF.jpeg
Looking pretty undistinguishable…
Maybs until flower that is…
Surely you can all guess what it is..

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Photoperiod is dominant so first cross all F1 seeds will be photoperiod ,,,the auto is recessive.

Cross the F1 seeds and you will get F2 seeds that will be 25% auto ,,scrap the rest and only work with those autos,,which are now Auto dominant.

cross those seeds to get F3 seeds which will ALL be Autos..

Now you have autos but to get what you want quality wise you’ll need to continue with line breeding ,which can take many generations to fix the phenotypes you want.

you will need to work in numbers for the pheno hunts coz you can’t clone to backcross and you won’t know what the father brings to the table .

All above should be correct, and you will see that by using a Punnet Square,.
————————————————————————————————————
EDIT,,,,ignore this bit, think I was too stoned.

this bit I’m not 100% sure but should work .
And can save time.

As a side line to follow ,start selfing the best pheno that suits you
to fix traits .then continue line breeding with the best of the S1 seeds
What do you mean you cant clone to backcross ?
Do you mean you can’t use fem pollen from one clone to another clone from same plant ?

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
What do you mean you cant clone to backcross ?
Do you mean you can’t use fem pollen from one clone to another clone from same plant ?
Yeah ,any clone of an auto will continue on to flowering,,it won’t stay in veg long ,then by the time you reverse it and have pollen
your main plant you took the clone from will have just about done it’s job,,

after you have F3 (all autos)you could save pollen you use to make the F4s and use that to back cross the F5 generation
and even the F6 generation if you had enough,but ideally you’d be working in numbers and probably wouldn’t get too much pollen from just one plant to use for too long ..

The above is how I how see it if using fem pollen ..

if you use regular autos then you could easily back cross using male pollen from any male of the F3 generation ,or following generations ,,,thing is you don’t know what the male brings to the table and it would be a slow process,, as even if you had a stud male you can’t keep him alive like can be done with photoperiods.

above is how I see it and could be wrong ,,as I know little when it comes to autos ,,,but my earlier comment (which I’m sure of )was to what it takes to make them all autos..which as I said would be the F3 generation. And if you use a punnet square you’ll see how that works.

Top Bottom