What to sow for later on

Pollenchucken

Germinating
User ID
Gday fullas
I've got a house now, building up some beds with the logs and green waste, no time like the present to get the soil 'cooking', I'm going to be in beds kinda like Hügelkultur but surrounded by timber edging

What's good to get started this time of year in terms of edible vegetables and fruits?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
hi mate this is a great time of year to plant lettuce , cucumbers zucchinis etc
they like the cooler weather

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
You like berries. Maybe grab a blueberry shrub and get it replanted. I did last year but it died. I’m going to try again soon ready for summer.
We got at least 5 dozen berries off it. Kids loved them.

Pollenchucken

Germinating
User ID
You like berries. Maybe grab a blueberry shrub and get it replanted. I did last year but it died. I’m going to try again soon ready for summer.
We got at least 5 dozen berries off it. Kids loved them.

I tried one during the COVID lockdown, I managed to keep it alive but it was a real sad plant haha

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just from the supermarket ,,break the segments off then put them in water to root.they normally root in a day or two ,then plant .
the ones that don’t root get eaten.

I got some organic segments from some type of huge garlic at supermarket ,,only had seven segment ,,$10 but they are monster size and growing fine .

Altogether with normal garlic I’ve got about 90 growing ,,and a few dozen more to go in soon ,,

the rest of my veg patch is a shambles ,,
so don’t ask.😂

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just from the supermarket ,,break the segments off then put them in water to root.they normally root in a day or two ,then plant .
the ones that don’t root get eaten.

I got some organic segments from some type of huge garlic at supermarket ,,only had seven segment ,,$10 but they are monster size and growing fine .

Altogether with normal garlic I’ve got about 90 growing ,,and a few dozen more to go in soon ,,

the rest of my veg patch is a shambles ,,
so don’t ask.😂
Nice, might try that. Can never have too much Garlic! I dont grow it but chew through the minced garlic in the jar. I could bathe in that shit.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I liked the idea of those garden beds constructed out of pellets for the sides, and in the bottom, the first layer consists of the rectangle hay bales, and then build your garden beds with soil on top of that.

Once the crops are done, you remove the pellets and mix the dirt and hay bales together and eventually use in garden beds again, or use to improve soil conditions elsewhere.

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Peanuts are pretty easy to grow and great for the soil. If you can find some in the shells and obviously not roasted just put them in a bowl of water for a couple of days and they'll shoot roots and plant..I love fresh peanuts and they are good for breaking up soil and apparently nitrogen fixes, you know they are ready when they start dying off..

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Peanuts are pretty easy to grow and great for the soil. If you can find some in the shells and obviously not roasted just put them in a bowl of water for a couple of days and they'll shoot roots and plant..I love fresh peanuts and they are good for breaking up soil and apparently nitrogen fixes, you know they are ready when they start dying off..
wow thats interesting so do ya put the whole thing shell and all into the water or just the nut ?

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
wow thats interesting so do ya put the whole thing shell and all into the water or just the nut ?
The whole thing she'll and all and give it a couple of days and just like dope seeds the tail(s) will pop out and then plant them, you can even stick the whole thing in the ground without soaking and it should still grow but as with dope seeds there's better chances with soaking. Also a peanut has a skin not the shell but a skin on the actual nut don't damage that or she won't grow. I'll post a pic tomorrow, I've got some growing in the veg patch now..

Top Bottom