what is this bug?

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
G'day people,
I been seeing a couple types of bugs on my outdoor auto serrated edge leaves. One is thrip and I have learnt in some posts here that they aren't that bad compare to mites. But what is this black colour tiny bug tho? They like to hide behind the leaves or in the tips in my experience. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_44BE05D1F153-1.jpeg
    IMG_44BE05D1F153-1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
Dont think too much to worry about unless theres legions of them.
Looks to big for a mite.
Leaves look healthy.
Pick him off and relocate if u reckon hes up to no good.šŸ”
they are only a handful at a time. So I just blow them away or crush them every time I see those haha.
ok then I will just relocate them next time. cheers!

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
It could be a predator. If there isn't any leaf damage where they are, I'd leave them be, but that's just me. If you do relocate them, take them to the thrips and see what happens
I am just not sure whether the leaves were damaged by them or not. Because there are a few damages. I am just killing them off or blow them away just in case. šŸ˜‚

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
@Mellow oldfark Nice clear photo. I'm pretty rusty on my pest ID, but it looks to me like a "Schellenberg's Soldier Bug" (Oechalia schellenbergii). They suck the goo out of other pests, such as caterpillars, & won't hurt your plants. Kinda similar to an assassin beetle. They're native (y)
very informative. thank you.

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
To me it is a stink bug, even though it is a very distinctive and maybe lest common around the house, so I'll go with @Pikey

Edit: Next time I see a local stink bug on the lemon tree, I'll post a pic.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
To me it is a stink bug, even though it is a very distinctive and maybe lest common around the house, so I'll go with @Pikey

Edit: Next time I see a local stink bug on the lemon tree, I'll post a pic.
It could very well be a stink bug, like I said I'm a bit rusty (y)

Yuser420

Vegetating
User ID
is this mould ? at the back of the leaves.

Attachments

• tempImagezPzNa6.png
    tempImagezPzNa6.png
    13.4 MB · Views: 31
  • tempImagenajIoB.png
    tempImagenajIoB.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 37

missrachael

Vegetating
User ID
In my experience the biggest problem is insect poo causing mould once the buds start to get solid.....I had a dreadful season a few years back because of some strange bug like insect (different from yours but no so far removed) pooing in all my developing flowers. Never again.

missrachael

Vegetating
User ID
Apologies for hijacking your post @Yuser420 (she types as she hijacks your post) but thought it'd be silly to waste a 'What's this bug?' thread after discovering these (I'm thinking spider beetle of some sort) on one leaf this morning. Never seen them before.

Anyone know what they are?

20230311_122654 (1).jpg

Top Bottom