What do you use to take clear pics?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
phone cameras do a pretty decent job for day to day but they cant compare to "real" cameras. unless your a photographer or enthusiast though, phone cameras are highly useful in their ease of carry and quick to deploy category

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
agree with bullfrog
depends on how good you want to go , iphone or similar will do a pretty good job but a dslr & lens is def a step above but so is the price & not as convenient as using your phone , def better shots though allot sharper imo
& when i say so is the price , depending on which you choose you'd spend less than half the price of the latest iphone but it's a cam only , you could use it to take quality vid as well i guess

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
I bought one of the earlier sony mirrorless cameras when I went to India and that thing took amazeballs images . doesn't take long before you get sick of carrying it around though, even without all the extra lenses.

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Ok sounds like getting an actual camera is the go. What would be a good cheap entry option for bud shots etc?

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i used to have a cannon eos d60d which was around the $400-500 mark from memory but i reckon if you get on cannon's website & look at the entry level which i think the d60d was back then you should be pretty happy i reckon
i also brought some lens filters which from memory helped protect the lens & improve the image quality

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
i used to have a cannon eos d60d which was around the $400-500 mark from memory but i reckon if you get on cannon's website & look at the entry level which i think the d60d was back then you should be pretty happy i reckon
i also brought some lens filters which from memory helped protect the lens & improve the image quality
Those are the ones my research has led me to as well. Might put aside and save for a Canon around that mark.

do research . also consider a macro lens for your phone too.
That's what I've been using coupled with the macro on my phone itself for pics like this though it's so hard to keep steady for the perfect shot.
IMG_20230727_090227.jpg

GlennT_59

Blooming
User ID
LOL, I actually use a Nikon. The latest I-phone 14 onwards and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra do have very good lenses these days and can cover a lot of situations but I do like having all the manual settings on the camera to compensate for different situations where a phone may be just OK.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Those are the ones my research has led me to as well. Might put aside and save for a Canon around that mark.

That's what I've been using coupled with the macro on my phone itself for pics like this though it's so hard to keep steady for the perfect shot.
View attachment 39382
dslr macro lens are expensive & you'll need a tripod as well , might wanna try getting a cheap tripod for ya phone first if this is the kinda shots you wanna take , but with a full on cam & macro lens checkout bubbleman & his canna macro shots for what's possible
https://www.bubblemanbrand.com/portfolio

turbo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
dslr macro lens are expensive & you'll need a tripod as well , might wanna try getting a cheap tripod for ya phone first if this is the kinda shots you wanna take , but with a full on cam & macro lens checkout bubbleman & his canna macro shots for what's possible
https://www.bubblemanbrand.com/portfolio
Yep cheap tripod will be the go đź‘Ś and wow thank you for sharing that - those shots are incredible. I'm looking forward to being able to capture that level of detail!

Top Bottom