What do you use to dial in your Lighting?

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Answer the question. Jaz

It's not picking as you put it

Ppl come here for reliable information ,not hearsay or bull

Keep posting stuff that's not true and you will get pulled apart again and again

No I haven't contributed to this thread. Nothing I can add that haven't already been stated

So rather that post just for the sake of it I don't, unlike you

Who seems to feel the need to post on every thread

So at least explain why you think it's makes a difference on strain etc would react differently to a normal 18 hr veg or 12hr flower times ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yeah I know HGO , unlike what we assume they may only be active for 8 hrs of the 12 available

Same as in veg

But the plants are a photo period species ,so whilst not actively using all light has available it will still use the triggers to flower the shorter light hrs

To get over this and save some electricity when I use hps I have the ability to slowly raise light intensity over a 2hr period run the light on full for 12 and then a further 2 has slowly lowering light intensity, trying to mimic sunrise and sunset

The same applied to flower ,with only 8 has full entensity and the 2 X 2hr sunrise and sunset

Haven't been able to do this with LED as yet , way to hard doing it manually

Maybe they have something for this ?

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Play around 50cm-60cm for veg
and flower as very low as 35cm-40-45cm apx is rough LED distance to play with indy.

That depends on your wattage and as you spec'd, the type of light too.
You'll find rule of thumb recommendations such as the one below but there's too many variables, grow room size, etc.
Use them as a guide, play around and see how your plants respond.

LED-LIGHT-DISTANCE.jpg
HPS-MH-LIGHT-DISTANCE.jpg

j

Last edited:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Best and cheapest answer.
Play around 50cm-60cm for veg
and flower as very low as 35cm-40-45cm apx is rough LED distance to play with indy.
Yeah, veg at 50-60cms is sweet spot for me too. Flowering, I've taken my HLGs down to 30cms in winter without burn, despite 35cms as their recommended closest distance. Then move up 35 to 40 in summer, depending on temperature as well.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah I know HGO , unlike what we assume they may only be active for 8 hrs of the 12 available

Same as in veg

But the plants are a photo period species ,so whilst not actively using all light has available it will still use the triggers to flower the shorter light hrs

To get over this and save some electricity when I use hps I have the ability to slowly raise light intensity over a 2hr period run the light on full for 12 and then a further 2 has slowly lowering light intensity, trying to mimic sunrise and sunset

The same applied to flower ,with only 8 has full entensity and the 2 X 2hr sunrise and sunset

Haven't been able to do this with LED as yet , way to hard doing it manually

Maybe they have something for this ?
Few lights like California light works and some others offer the sun mimic feature but you need a digital controller.
My mate used to run it but I never noticed any difference!

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Few lights like California light works and some others offer the sun mimic feature but you need a digital controller.
My mate used to run it but I never noticed any difference!
Yeah I have , might of been a quality hps globe to

California lights bit expensive

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Quality the same , more buds with hps

Never had siry buds with hps, had a few under LED'S

Could have been the strain possibly, but I've seen others with the same plant that didn't look airy

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Quantum boards and I'm sure some other LEDs with a known configuration can be converted from LUX to Par. Phone apps can work depending on your phone but I found my Asus the lux sensor caps out way to low to be useful, they are more for telling your phone when to use the flash.
I have seen alot of recommendation for the $30 UNI-T lux meter, there is a Bluetooth model if you want to use your phone as the readout.

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Multiplying lux readings by 0.016 gets you withing a few percent of par, and is far more accurate than most phone apps tbh.

Most LED Lights around 3000k-3500k overall spectrum will work with a 0.016 coefficient.

For example 35000 lux X 0.016=560umol/s. Every phone app (I'm on android) has been a joke accuracy wise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom