What Disease is this?

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
This stem disease began sporadicaally over the plant as the Outdoor Organic Sativa neared harvest ... was entering Senescence. Altho earlier a whole diseased branch needed to be picked. Big fukr too. Sad.Screenshot_2020-07-17 Inbox (9) - chokofluffybum gmail com - Gmail.png
At first I thought stem canker but now I 'm wondering if it's Anthracnose.
Have a look at the attached pic and see what you think.
Thanks in Anticipation ...

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah ive had this also. It sucks. I used a potassium based eco fungicide but had to spray it daily. It kept it 20190328_094438.jpga bay long enough to harvest but i lost a few branches along the way.

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
I'd put my money on fusarium. Its a fungus that blocks the stems and the plants have a "stroke" where whole limbs wilt and die. Look for discoloration inside the stem.
Thanks All for input. Porky: Looks like you lost a lot of that plant. Sad ...

Cooper, there was no discoloration inside the stem. Only the outside tissue was affected. I think it's difficult to decide which fungal disease is which. The reason I suggested Anthracnose is because I have Passionfruit and Dragonfruit that are showing Anthracnose infection.
I grow in a forest and in Aussie forests the primary means of decomposition is Fungal. So when a forest garden is mulched it's a sitting duck for whatever fungus is around.
Anyway this was no big deal. Most of the plant survived. I 've amended my mulching process but if I continue to have trouble I 'll have damaged stems analysed.
Thanks!

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Thanks All for input. Porky: Looks like you lost a lot of that plant. Sad ...

Cooper, there was no discoloration inside the stem. Only the outside tissue was affected. I think it's difficult to decide which fungal disease is which. The reason I suggested Anthracnose is because I have Passionfruit and Dragonfruit that are showing Anthracnose infection.
I grow in a forest and in Aussie forests the primary means of decomposition is Fungal. So when a forest garden is mulched it's a sitting duck for whatever fungus is around.
Anyway this was no big deal. Most of the plant survived. I 've amended my mulching process but if I continue to have trouble I 'll have damaged stems analysed.
Thanks!
Who analyses dope plant stems for you discretely ??

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
whats the difference between Medical Cannabis and Regular stuff?
CBD Content? or because some DC with a degree grew it then it becomes "Medical"

ihermit

Germinating
User ID
whats the difference between Medical Cannabis and Regular stuff?
CBD Content? or because some DC with a degree grew it then it becomes "Medical"
Very funny Everyone!
But, HomeGrownOrganic ... there was a bloke called Shakespeare who penned the phrase: "What's in a Name?" And for me it remains a bloody good question.
Of course it's very silly to allow Medical Cannabis and ban the other. But the place I know that can analyse plant diseases refers to Cannabis as a Medicinal Plant and who am I to disagree as long as I get what I want. They are a mainstream business but when a Customer pays cash the receipt just says 'cash'. Friendly, understanding bunch of people they are ...

Top Bottom