What brands of PH pens are you's using?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

RiverRat

Blooming
User ID
Btw thanks BG for allowing thread title changes. Legend! . Alas I must be off cos got more useless threads to post...

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I got my first pH and EC meter combo deal, $15 from ali express. The generic (usually yellow) pH with 2 buttons. They're everywhere! A blue EC 3 button.

I was worried about accuracy so recently got a hm digital ph80. $80.

As designed, I fill the rubber cap with about 5-10ml of storage solution ($10) and store in.

And, I got a bottle of pH 7 to calibrate every fortnight. I'm finally confident on my pH readings. $100 total.

Saying that, the cheap one + my still in use EC meter were right anyway.

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Have used a few different $10-$20 cheapies and the hm one think they were ~50 odd they all work fine at first but shit themselves after a while calibrating is a bitch with the screw on the cheapies and the probes dry out easily, can't get the meters too wet.

Got a bluelab one now ~100 bucks but it's fully waterproof, backlit, runs off an aaa battery, easy as to calibrate and reminds you to do so, built in storage solution thingo in the cap... can't really fault it at all.

images.jpeg

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Have used a few different $10-$20 cheapies and the hm one think they were ~50 odd they all work fine at first but shit themselves after a while calibrating is a bitch with the screw on the cheapies and the probes dry out easily, can't get the meters too wet.

Got a bluelab one now ~100 bucks but it's fully waterproof, backlit, runs off an aaa battery, easy as to calibrate and reminds you to do so, built in storage solution thingo in the cap... can't really fault it at all.

View attachment 19645
Same as mine

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
This arrived just now. I better get my soil Sorted out. Mix of compost mix, perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, seaweed fish mix, biochar, worm enriched soil from the garden. once stabilised, add organic bio canna veg, myco for the root dev.4DE79965-0DDC-4945-9B83-E58A2032DB8F.jpeg

User ID
with the blue lab soil pen can you still test the ph of water as well as soil im confused can some one let me know lol my stoner brain is lagging today i use the blue lab ph pen the original one but id like to do the soil one too ?

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
with the blue lab soil pen can you still test the ph of water as well as soil im confused can some one let me know lol my stoner brain is lagging today i use the blue lab ph pen the original one but id like to do the soil one too ?
I tried that today and it seemed to sense the water ph really quick. So I think it does work with water too

nugget

Blooming
User ID
Make sure you get the bluelabs calabration kit also. These are the best for ph readings 👌
Honestly the calibration set is overpriced you only get enough sachets of solution to do two tests and the cleaner is just dishwashing liquid and a soft toothbrush, you get a couple small plastic containers to calibrate in as well, woohoo 😂

A lot better value buying a bottle each of 4 and 10 calibration and one of storage solution shouldn't be more than 8 or 9 bucks each and will last years instead of two months (bluelab pens want calibration every 30 days).

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Honestly the calibration set is overpriced you only get enough sachets of solution to do two tests and the cleaner is just dishwashing liquid and a soft toothbrush, you get a couple small plastic containers to calibrate in as well, woohoo 😂

A lot better value buying a bottle each of 4 and 10 calibration and one of storage solution shouldn't be more than 8 or 9 bucks each and will last years instead of two months (bluelab pens want calibration every 30 days).
Ahh. Ok. Can you use any brand calibration fluid, as long as it is 4 and 7?

Top Bottom