What Are You Watching?

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah the mower itself would be very simple so probably not much to go wrong with it. Battery waste will be the biggest problem when everything goes electric. Hopefully there can be a sustainable industry in recycling them or maybe legislation that the companies that make them have to dispose of them in an environmentally friendly way. If that's ever possible! 🤔
Total tools have battery recycling drop offs, but they probably just empty the box straight into the skip when nobodies watching. It costs money, nobodies doing this for free, theres little info on this.

It will be a huge worldwide problem without stringent recycling protocols. 3rd world countries will be dumping their spent batteries for a long while yet.

The brand and some safety tech are what costs in the battery game. I see they sell 9amp 56 v ego batteries (knock offs) on Ebay for $185. Maybe the the cells are comparable, but not sure Id risk the burn shit down factor.

Guy I sometimes work with has been running Makita knockoffs for a couple years without problem.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
I've been told guys who manage a race track here in Vic were looking into EV racing & discovered they need to construct a large lake in or on the in field of the track if they intend to facilitate EV's , the lake is not to drain water from to put fires out on EV's it's to pick up EV's that are on fire & dump them in the lake because once on fire they are very difficult to put out

benn0

Baked
User ID
I've been told guys who manage a race track here in Vic were looking into EV racing & discovered they need to construct a large lake in or on the in field of the track if they intend to facilitate EV's , the lake is not to drain water from to put fires out on EV's it's to pick up EV's that are on fire & dump them in the lake because once on fire they are very difficult to put out
yeh apparently the only way to put a lithium battery fire out is to submerge it for a week and if its taken out too early it can still flare up

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I thought water just made lithium battery fires worse and can make them actually explode.
This stuff looks the goods for a lithium battery fire!

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
yeah i think i read the same thing porky , maybe an explosion underwater is safer than in the open , don't know
this avd fire extinguisher could be the go though

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
As time goes by and there are more battery fires it will be interesting how much insurance will rise,,
some say it’ll skyrocket ,

And Tesla having 300to 500 thousand kilometre range before replacing battery pack don’t sound too great,

one battery cell dies and you gotta replace the whole battery pack.

Australia already has a nuclear reactor at Lucas heights ,,
unless they shut it down already but I haven’t heard that they have.

Last edited:

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I edited my last post ,
,was originally meant to say 300 to 500 thousand kilometre range before the battery is fucked,,

I’ve seen pricing at around $17,000 for replacement and don’t know if that covers labour or just the battery pack replacement.

I really don’t see the point in ev cars if they are going to be charged from the grid,,
what’s the point if they are supposed to be clean to the environment,
But we use so called dirty coal for energy to recharge them,

A while back I was looking at Aussie EV kits to replace combustion motors in older cars ,,
The old cars might be heavier than the new ones ,but the conversion is still cheaper than buying a Tesla.

i wouldn’t mind an old muscle car with a conversion put in it ,
it’d be cheaper than a Tesla

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
As time goes by and there are more battery fires it will be interesting how much insurance will rise,,
some say it’ll skyrocket ,

And Tesla having 300to 500 thousand kilometre range before replacing battery pack don’t sound too great,

one battery cell dies and you gotta replace the whole battery pack.

Australia already has a nuclear reactor at Lucas heights ,,
unless they shut it down already but I haven’t heard that they have.
The Lucas heights reactor is for medical purposes only they don’t make power completely different beasts.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
I edited my last post ,
,was originally meant to say 300 to 500 thousand kilometre range before the battery is fucked,,

I’ve seen pricing at around $17,000 for replacement and don’t know if that covers labour or just the battery pack replacement.

I really don’t see the point in ev cars if they are going to be charged from the grid,,
what’s the point if they are supposed to be clean to the environment,
But we use so called dirty coal for energy to recharge them,

A while I was looking at Aussie EV kits to replace combustion motors in older cars ,,
The old cars might be heavier for anything than the new ones to convert but still cheaper than buying a Tesla.

i wouldn’t mind an old muscle car with a conversion put in it ,
it’d be cheaper than a Tesla
My wife is a broker,she told me insurance for anything ev is going up big time.
I'll try to get some facts and figures .

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
The television screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, television is reality, and reality is less than television.

1704159523465.png

Top Bottom