Visitor today.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Dont own any guns.but did read yesterday all ammo at very low supply atm.All good just broomed him out on lawn and he fucked off out in paddock towards creek. Seen a few last couple weeks.
Yep got tigers everywhere here too at the minute, poor fuckers are drowning with all the rain. I forgot how stupidly fast they are. This was the other day, was under a corrugated tin sheet.0C501F0B-F958-4B08-9027-1C6024C11545.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Dont own any guns.but did read yesterday all ammo at very low supply atm.All good just broomed him out on lawn and he fucked off out in paddock towards creek. Seen a few last couple weeks.
Itā€™s mostly just .223 ammo issues. There are other Calibre issues but itā€™s mostly .223 because of the war in Ukraine.

.223 uses all the same primers, projectiles and powders as 5.56mm nato (so pretty much what the us and allies are giving in spades to Ukraine)

In fact federal (Australian ammo company) actually use military primers in their .223 because they also make 5.56 on the same lines.

.223 is the most common caliber for professional roo shooters.

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Low ammo supply hey... All the doomsdayers stocking up their bunkers! lol
Yep first noticed after covid first hit...Just like dunny paper panic buying and hoarding meant some ammo was totally unavailable for a while (i had to wait months for subsonic .22 ammo that I use for small pest control...)and its been on and off again more recently with manufacturing delays, port offloading issues etc as well as mentioned the Ukraine war...for enthusiasts of centrefires it certainly pays to have reloading gear ..Factory ammo prices are a bit crazy nowadays..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Yep first noticed after covid first hit...Just like dunny paper panic buying and hoarding meant some ammo was totally unavailable for a while (i had to wait months for subsonic .22 ammo that I use for small pest control...)and its been on and off again more recently with manufacturing delays, port offloading issues etc as well as mentioned the Ukraine war...for enthusiasts of centrefires it certainly pays to have reloading gear ..Factory ammo prices are a bit crazy nowadays..
From what I hear the guys who normally reload have had to switch to factory ammo because of the scarcity of powder and primers. Not that your saving a whole heap reloading these days. when I had my license the cheapest I could reload a .223 for was $0.90 or something a round not including the Cartridge price (used old factory brass mostly) where as factory ammo was available for $1.10/round

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
From what I hear the guys who normally reload have had to switch to factory ammo because of the scarcity of powder and primers. Not that your saving a whole heap reloading these days. when I had my license the cheapest I could reload a .223 for was $0.90 or something a round not including the Cartridge price (used old factory brass mostly) where as factory ammo was available for $1.10/round
My dad died a couple of years back and I ended up with his reloading gear in .22 hornet, .243 and 30/30 and crates of ammo, powder, projectiles, primers, cases etc....more then I'll ever use as I mainly just use a 22 or shotgun these days..I also found multiple canvas ammo belts with ancient .303 clips of ammo that must pre-date the 2nd world war...not game to use it as its got a blue tinge on the primers...

Yep .223 is about the cheapest and best of the .22 calibres for most small to medium game applications as you mentioned before its usurped the 7.62 as the main military calibre..can still buy ammo for not much more then a dollar whereas .243 and 30/30 starts around $2 per round...

The other issue with .223 comes with hunting pigs and deer...shot placement really becomes important as it doesnt quite have the punch of larger calibres....in Victoria the minimum calibre allowed for smaller deer is .243 and for Sambar and Reds its .270...I guess they have to legislate for the lowest common demoninator as a .243 or .223 used correctly will basically take out any deer anyway..

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yep got tigers everywhere here too at the minute, poor fuckers are drowning with all the rain. I forgot how stupidly fast they are. This was the other day, was under a corrugated tin sheet.View attachment 27093
Eastern Brown's are runnin' thick here at the moment. Been a couple of good breeding season's for snakes. Heap of 3-4ft one's getting cleaned up on the roads, nearly one to one ratio with cane toads, lol.

Top Bottom