US mum charged with murder after four-year-old son overdoses on cannabis gummies

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID

A Virginia mother has been charged with murder and felony child neglect after her four-year-old son died from eating THC gummies, police said.

Dorothy Annette Clements, 30, of Spotsylvania was arrested Wednesday, two days after a grand jury indicted her on the charges related to the May death of her son.

Authorities said Clements failed to get her son help quickly enough after he was found unresponsive on May 6 at a Fredericksburg home they were visiting, about 11 miles (17.7km)

The boy died two days later, according to police, who said detectives believe the boy ingested a “large amount” of the gummies.

NBC Washington reported that an autopsy found THC — the ingredient in marijuana that gets people high — was the cause of death.

A doctor told detectives that the boy could have been saved if he received medical attention sooner, according to authorities.

Clements told police she called poison control after the boy ate half of a CBD gummy and that officials told her he would be fine, NBC Washington reported.

But police say Clements’ claims did not match evidence found at the home, where a detective reported finding an empty THC gummy jar in the house where he was found, according to NBC Washington.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Ok so I’m reading the news article now. look at that kid. His suppose to be 4 yr old.
I’m not fat shaming here but that kid would have underlying health related problems for sure.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Kinda suss considering it would be the first cannabis overdose death in history. Notably, he died two days later. Even if the kid ate a whole container of high-THC gummies, my bet is the kid would be mostly sober after two, almost three, days. I suspect the Virginia cannabis-unfriendly media/cops are scapegoating a bunch of problems on the gummies.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Perhaps the kid had an epiphany and realised there was little more to life then gummy chews & cannabis and that after 4 years of living with his good for nothing mother plus being a bloody merican just all got a bit too much...

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It's not totally impossible. If the the kid had a underlying heart problem where a elevated heart rate was detrimental to him, it could pose some problem.

But yeah, a dodgy article that's full of holes..

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Overdose on cannabis is medically impossible!!
Children or Adults!!
With concentrates it’s not impossible but the kid would have had to eat something like 12 jars of gummies or some shit. This was discussed on a reddit news thread and a few nurses/drs agreed the kid probably choked on his own vomit due to the large dose which is why it mentions he could have been saved if provided medical attention at the time.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Kinda suss considering it would be the first cannabis overdose death in history. Notably, he died two days later. Even if the kid ate a whole container of high-THC gummies, my bet is the kid would be mostly sober after two, almost three, days. I suspect the Virginia cannabis-unfriendly media/cops are scapegoating a bunch of problems on the gummies.
At 1000mg per container (max allowed in legal states) that kid would be fucked for days even if he didn’t die. Hell 1000mg would fuck an non cannabis using adult for day let alone someone 1/4 of their body weight.

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
A more balanced article about the kid that brings up all the points we've saying...

When my mate Matt and I turned 18yo Matt's dad sat us down with a couple of our first beers and told us a story. The story of why Matt's cat was fucking crazy, even by crazy cat standards. Summary: Dad had a vial of liquid LSD, cat tipped it over, cat licked it up. Lived many more years, but damn that cat was cray cray!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
A more balanced article about the kid that brings up all the points we've saying...

When my mate Matt and I turned 18yo Matt's dad sat us down with a couple of our first beers and told us a story. The story of why Matt's cat was fucking crazy, even by crazy cat standards. Summary: Dad had a vial of liquid LSD, cat tipped it over, cat licked it up. Lived many more years, but damn that cat was cray cray!
Anyone who let's a child get that fucking obese should be jailed anyway.
Kid probably had a heart attack!!

QLD guy

Vegetating
User ID
Haha, exactly what I was gonna say.

Poor little Cunt was doomed anyway.
Absolutely there are many people out there who shouldnt be allowed to raise kids....

When our kids stayed over at friends house's for the night they would come back and say things like "but Johnies parents let them drink Coke with dinner"..they even went through a junkfood phase when they first left home...thankfully it didnt last long and now they pride themselves on being able to construct a healthy diet and are able to and enjoy cooking wholesome meals ...

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Absolutely there are many people out there who shouldnt be allowed to raise kids....

When our kids stayed over at friends house's for the night they would come back and say things like "but Johnies parents let them drink Coke with dinner"..they even went through a junkfood phase when they first left home...thankfully it didnt last long and now they pride themselves on being able to construct a healthy diet and are able to and enjoy cooking wholesome meals ...
I am planning next family movie night.
It will be Supersize Me.

Top Bottom