Twisted leaves in early veg

Brownstyles77

Germinating
User ID
G'day can anyone help me out with this issue I'm having with my leaves?

Attachments

• 20230625_161613.jpg
    20230625_161613.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20230625_222922.jpg
    20230625_222922.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I've been getting some leaf twist with the dry air lately. It's down to 25% or so at 26c during the day recently.

I'm with sedge (it does look very similar to chainsaw), it kinda looks like a genetic mutation is compounding with an environmental issue (pH, humidity) as the leaf is showing more than just twist. Those serrations are pretty wild.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I've been getting some leaf twist with the dry air lately. It's down to 25% or so at 26c during the day recently.

I'm with sedge (it does look very similar to chainsaw), it kinda looks like a genetic mutation is compounding with an environmental issue (pH, humidity) as the leaf is showing more than just twist. Those serrations are pretty wild.
a genetic mutation WHAT ? how ?

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
a genetic mutation WHAT ? how ?
As in genetic expression that varies from the more standard serration profile. Ie, most of the freak strains you see come from a mutation that was selectively bred into the plant.

I've always wanted to try breed in a trifoliate strain, but nobody seems to have been able to stabilise the tri-compound leaf arrangement yet.

Example, I have some afghan cross here and roughly 1/6 will pop odd serrations.
Screenshot_2023-06-28-10-36-29-68.png

Last edited:

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
As in genetic expression that varies from the more standard serration profile. Ie, most of the freak strains you see come from a mutation that was selectively bred into the plant.

I've always wanted to try breed in a trifoliate strain, but nobody seems to have been able to stabilise the tri-compound leaf arrangement yet.
This fkn weed is unfuknreel

Top Bottom