Tumble trimmers

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Whether it takes more off than it should, it's still a good effort to build your own.

What's with the Crocs though?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
i was worried that it would break off too much of the trichs but glad it works and suits your use case!
if i wasnt so lazy i would build one :D
To be totally honest I've run a few more through it now and it does a damn good job . It works wonders on the tighter nuggets, looser fluffy buds still look shit and need a hand trim some leaf out of them. There are plenty of trichomes still stacked on the bud, you definitely lose a little tiny bit but if you got a pile to do and time poor, it's a bloody good bit of kit👌

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Loving that trim machine Joe, good shit. 👍 Not so enamoured with the crocs😅
Haha I also use to be a croc hater, but after my dad left a pair at my door step I'm converted, they are so practical!! Comfort and practicality over fashion everyday of the week. My other shoes are blundstones or red back slip ons

smileysmoke

Blooming
User ID
nice one mate ill give em a run.

crocs = i bought a pair of thongs at BCF didnt realise they were crocs until i bought em. i tried them on. so fkn comfy. they look like proper thongs. but im also a dad so i dgaf if i look good or not haha

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Looks good Joe, bet the mrs is pissed at losing her fishnets (Or are they yours??) :);):oops:
My only suggestion would be to make a bush or a guard for the wall of your bin, even just a strip of metal across where the shaft comes in contact with the plastic, stop it from wearing. If you decide to make hash with it, specks of plastic are not what you want it the mix.

Speaking of making hash with the trim, simply by changing the fish net to a finer (superfine) mesh, you can convert the tumbler setup to a hash tumbler. Just an idea.

Merl1n

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Looks good Joe, bet the mrs is pissed at losing her fishnets (Or are they yours??) :);):oops:
My only suggestion would be to make a bush or a guard for the wall of your bin, even just a strip of metal across where the shaft comes in contact with the plastic, stop it from wearing. If you decide to make hash with it, specks of plastic are not what you want it the mix.

Speaking of making hash with the trim, simply by changing the fish net to a finer (superfine) mesh, you can convert the tumbler setup to a hash tumbler. Just an idea.

Merl1n
Haha of course they are mine Merlin 😉
Yes I needs to fix that I just need to adjust a couple nuts to make it slightly shorter in length and add a sleeve of steel pipe each end where it rests onto the bin and spins👍
No one wants to smoke plastic, thanks for pointing that out. I like the hash screen idea 💡

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
I use a couple of differing grades of screen printing mesh.
The easiest method I've found is to make a 2 differing barrels rather than changing the mesh between tumbles.
Another hint is to make a shroud or cover if you do hash cos the hash crystals float in the air. My early runs left a layer of 'dust' over the whole room. She who must be obeyed (wifey) was not happy :rolleyes:

Top Bottom