Timers

Jase

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Had a fucked run with timers what is a good one to try just something simple to use thanks all

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you use a magnetic ballast you want a timer with a relay in it ,otherwise the points can seize up as if welded together by the sudden surge of power hitting them ..

Im pretty sure digital ballasts don’t have that surge to cause the same problem

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Classic old pin/spin timer whatever they are called :)
The cheap ones are ok for general appliances
but often seize up using HPS lights.

The first time I joined a forum was because I had the same question regarding timer not working ,,,

I started using a HPM heavy duty timer and problem was solved..this is the same model timer
E0F7CD1E-A9C6-4D8F-99D4-F917B2704E34.png

pretty sure the digital timers are ok to use though, and although I have one somewhere I have not used it ..

DosFish

Germinating
User ID
I've used a TP-Link HS110 for about 4 years now. It was originally used for Christmas lights and still is when not growing. I like that it can be controlled from an app and I can track energy usage. It's wifi enabled so I can use the app away from home. Under $50 and easy to use.

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
https://www.theserratededge.com/forum/threads/my-setup-so-far.1942/post-94926 interesting, it seems there's a few different opinions around timers. 👍
Sure do, I have had a couple of Digital timers over the years with no issues. Though the last one I had was designed with indoors grows in mind. You could setup the schedule and it be fine for 4-5 days or so, but without power interruptions it would reset itself to default for no reason. So i was left with no option bar to hook it for obvious reasons.

Since then, I resorted back to the HPM mechanical one, never skips a beat.

Top Bottom