This Referendum.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Seeing we're having this referendum in regards to the Voice later in the year. And the very nature of these Referendum 's aren't bloody cheap. If we got this one done for $35Mil, we'd be doing very well.

So anyway. While we're at it. Would it be good if the Feds to do something about the Cannabis laws within the country. After all, Canberra already have a kinda working model at the moment.

I realise it's usually a State and Territories deal to manage it themselves. But clearly that carries fuck all clout considering how Medicinal Cannabis is handled these days. Considering how that's all structured at the moment is kind of shambles with various grey areas between State and Federal laws.

So yeah. Cut through the bullshit, put forward something reasonable and let's get that in the referendum while we're going to burn some $$$ on one anyway.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Seeing we're having this referendum in regards to the Voice later in the year. And the very nature of these Referendum 's aren't bloody cheap. If we got this one done for $35Mil, we'd be doing very well.

So anyway. While we're at it. Would it be good if the Feds to do something about the Cannabis laws within the country. After all, Canberra already have a kinda working model at the moment.

I realise it's usually a State and Territories deal to manage it themselves. But clearly that carries fuck all clout considering how Medicinal Cannabis is handled these days. Considering how that's all structured at the moment is kind of shambles with various grey areas between State and Federal laws.

So yeah. Cut through the bullshit, put forward something reasonable and let's get that in the referendum while we're going to burn some $$$ on one anyway.
Cannabis wouldn’t need a chargers to the constitution so doesn’t require a referendum, it’d require a plebiscite

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Cannabis wouldn’t need a chargers to the constitution so doesn’t require a referendum, it’d require a plebiscite
Ahh ok, I have heard of it before. And just comparing the definitions they don't seem to differentiate much between the two. Could you elaborate more of the process of a plebiscite, mate?

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Ahh ok, I have heard of it before. And just comparing the definitions they don't seem to differentiate much between the two. Could you elaborate more of the process of a plebiscite, mate?
It’s essentially the same thing but a referendum is for changing the constitution and is legally binding where as a plebiscite is just the parliament for the populations opinion and isn’t binding.

Ie the gay marriage debate had nothing to do with the constitution so was voted on with a plebiscite but that vote wasn’t binding and could have been blocked where as a vote on say whether we become a republic would need a referendum and the vote would be binding and couldn’t be blocked by opposing politicians.

Top Bottom