Think bud is dear here?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
F

freddie

Surprised it's so expensive. 650 baht for a gram = $26 Aussie dollars. Thailand is usually a cheap place to buy most things.
Worst thing is these are all shitty hybrids. No sign of a landrace Thai?

Last edited by a moderator:

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Jumping on the tourism for sure.
Fun story, when I was 15 I went on one of those overnight treks with one of the villages right up north, they were rolling big newspaper splifs all night and taking us though poppy fields, cleaned me out on snooker then tried to set me up with the chiefs daughter, best hospitality I have ever experienced.

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Jumping on the tourism for sure.
Fun story, when I was 15 I went on one of those overnight treks with one of the villages right up north, they were rolling big newspaper splifs all night and taking us though poppy fields, cleaned me out on snooker then tried to set me up with the chiefs daughter, best hospitality I have ever experienced.
I went on one of those trips in 80s. Discovered the joys of the opium pipe. Ended up staying in the village for two weeks. Dr O the village medicine man and I bonded over kernels of dried corn. One kernel,one pipe. Had a nice little opium habit by the time I returned to Chiang MaI.
Fucking American missionaries were everywhere. Free t shirts and bibles for everyone. Bibles were very popular. Bible pages are nearly same weight as rolling papers.!

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
Ca
Surprised it's so expensive. 650 baht for a gram = $26 Aussie dollars. Thailand is usually a cheap place to buy most things.
Worst thing is these are all shitty hybrids. No sign of a landrace Thai?
Can get what they call Thai stick for baht 120 And a few other local strains.
Most locals will grow it, not buy it. 5B2E3A0C-CA2F-42A9-A6E8-02251CBE2780.png

Still expensive for locals,and probably hermi.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
No doubt it's beyond the reach of most locals. But it's still on the lower end of Aussie MC per gram. This here works out at $10.70AUD per gram

I'd say someone has done some market research to maximise their profits from western tourists. Cunning bugga's, lol.

@Kee Mao apologies from going too far with it, mate. I got carried away with it, lol. Oops..

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Market economics at work here.
View attachment 30666
I'm going there in June and was looking and the cheapest I could find it was $17 aussie think it was 400 Bart but looked good quality. Never know till ya try it but!!
They have done this as a tourist attraction. The Amsterdam of Asia!
Ya gotta expect it to be expensive for that reason!
Made me change from what was going to be a surf trip in Bali to a trip to Thailand!! 🤣

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
No doubt it's beyond the reach of most locals. But it's still on the lower end of Aussie MC per gram. This here works out at $10.70AUD per gram

I'd say someone has done some market research to maximise their profits from western tourists. Cunning bugga's, lol.

@Kee Mao apologies from going too far with it, mate. I got carried away with it, lol. Oops..
Fuck it who cares if a tourist pays $20,good on the locals for making a dollar. Brick weed is still $200 a kg for the locals.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Fuck it who cares if a tourist pays $20,good on the locals for making a dollar. Brick weed is still $200 a kg for the locals.

That's fine then. But I'd be the type of tourist that would pass it up. Because to me, there's a difference between supporting a local, and being played for a sucker. And at $20 a gram you are being played as a sucker.

Each to their own..

Kee Mao

Baked
User ID
That's fine then. But I'd be the type of tourist that would pass it up. Because to me, there's a difference between supporting a local, and being played for a sucker. And at $20 a gram you are being played as a sucker.

Each to their own..
I said a tourist,not Kee Mao. I am out of Bkk and sitting in upcountry rice paddy in 12 hours. The dude I’ve been buying from for 20 + years will still be doing his thing. I speak Thai,and understand the cultures a bit, I don’t get local price. I can afford to fly,most Thai can’t.

Top Bottom