The Random Discussion / Argument Thread

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Australia now occupies a unique position globally. It is the only colonial settler society in the world that not only does not recognise in any way those dispossessed by colonialism, but whose citizens have actively rejected any such recognition.

In doing so, Australians have turned their backs on historical fact. “No” is not merely a denial — it is denialism. It sustains, in constitutional terms, the fiction that no-one was here before Europeans arrived, that no-one was dispossessed, that the continent was terra nullius.

Far from being a maintenance of the status quo, the success of the No campaign transforms the Australian constitution into a living lie, a rejection of historical fact in favour of white fantasy. The foundational document of Australia now deliberately, purposefully, with the endorsement of Australian voters, denies the foundational act of the Australian polity, the dispossession of First Peoples. It is now a legal fiction, and the country along with it.

Grab a chair.gif

Pikey

Baked
User ID
It's good practice to link the source you have just plagiarised. 🤫

Oh ...wait, it's a Crikey article ...In that case, I can see why you would omit that information ;)

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Price was shown for what she is on a current affair

When asked if it was political she said definitely not
When asked if the labour party tried again with the amendments she wants she still would oppose it

On the other hand if the liberals decides to put up the same referendum she would give 100% support

She has used to voice to further her position politically

Also she was funded by certain ppl that could be dealt a major financial blow if the voice succeeded

Indy

Misfit
User ID

When asked if the labour party tried again with the amendments she wants she still would oppose it

On the other hand if the liberals decides to put up the same referendum she would give 100% support

Also she was funded by certain ppl that could be dealt a major financial blow if the voice succeeded

You done a good job of explaining how one succeeds in a political arena, mick. Where they herald from has no bearing with it.

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
It's good practice to link the source you have just plagiarised. 🤫

Oh ...wait, it's a Crikey article ...In that case, I can see why you would omit that information ;)

I don't like the term plagiarised (when applied to me) - I prefer misappropriation. Anyway, I was in a hurry.
Nice to see someone is paying attention. You passed the test. Next question ..... what's this ..... ?

Rodent optical nerve.jpeg

Last edited:

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID

In Alice Springs if you work in a shop and someone asks for the Price of a Coconut the correct response is curiously "Yes".

Top Bottom