The lone kiwi

Bush Boss

Germinating
User ID
I would like your input from your recent referendum ...?

cheers
it was a shit show lets put it that way...
The green party was trying to introduce a harm reduction strategy to the idea of legalization. Stoners in nz where pissed off cus the legalization would have created more troubles with home cultivation and all the bullshit regulations that would come with it.
That's personally all I'm interested in is home cultivation...
I would like to have seen more adaptable plant numbers i.e. if you live in a urban residential area you can only grow 10 plants max (outdoors only)
apartments (indoors grow only) 4 plants max at any time.
if you lived rurally 25 plants max any time(outdoors, seed to harvest only).

if we saw regulation like that then we probably would end up better off.
stay away from the commercial companies getting involved and instead focus on the grow your own.

Next thing we had was the cathloc twats lobbying against it and the government didn't do shit to stop the spread of propaganda coming out of there big fucking mouths. It was so stupid the reasons behind there thing. They didn't realize that full flung regulation meant harm reduction for the people and really they would have been better off.

I personally don't agree with the commercialization of cannabis in the legal market. It just fucks everyone round and creates another big pharma industry. I mean with how strict they have made the medical cannabis laws in new zealand. I mean lmao it increases costs and only means the rich can afford to produce it and use it. I wonder what full blown legalization would have created in nz (more expensive af weed)

all i can say though is the legalization movement was kind of half assed to get there...
49.999% of people voted yes.
Thats what fucks me over so much... it was that fucking close i could taste it...
lobby lobby lobby... its the only way....
and decriminalization is the best way for the future until the country wakes up.

Chur from bush.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
I'm sure there was a lot of "think about the kids" attitudes being shouted from the rooftops.

The numbers you mentioned about the amount of plants they were proposing you could grow though is astounding to me. I thought Canberra's laws were a step in the right direction, you guys were trying to go full blown, especially with the legalised indoor grows!

I said it when I started, "If I'm only allowed to grow 4 plants, I'm making them the biggest I can", and you guys were proposing up to 25 plants?! :D

vostok

Blooming
User ID
no thats what i want..... they only wanted 4 plants max in the official legislation....

can read the document here has the final details about what people where voting for...
I only read the draft bill so not sure if this is completely acurate...
I've stopped off in london since and got the same from many kiwis in the pubs their, one 'K' says that along with the ref of weed they should have refed the gay bill too, that was a circus in nz too with the guy promoting it then doing a 180 at the vote, for the sake of his voters, back in the day?
as many like me can't understand why 5 million middleclass white farmers denied legal weed but voted in favor of killing your granny for that very farm ...
democracy has its limits more so in the small populations

cheers for the heads up

vostok

Blooming
User ID
I'm sure there was a lot of "think about the kids" attitudes being shouted from the rooftops.

The numbers you mentioned about the amount of plants they were proposing you could grow though is astounding to me. I thought Canberra's laws were a step in the right direction, you guys were trying to go full blown, especially with the legalised indoor grows!

I said it when I started, "If I'm only allowed to grow 4 plants, I'm making them the biggest I can", and you guys were proposing up to 25 plants?! :D
Could still be an opportunity to grab some cheap lights before the Wheeler dealers got to send them back on 90 day sale or return ....lol

Bush Boss

Germinating
User ID
I've stopped off in london since and got the same from many kiwis in the pubs their, one 'K' says that along with the ref of weed they should have refed the gay bill too, that was a circus in nz too with the guy promoting it then doing a 180 at the vote, for the sake of his voters, back in the day?
as many like me can't understand why 5 million middleclass white farmers denied legal weed but voted in favor of killing your granny for that very farm ...

cheers for the heads up
the end of life choice bill is extremely well regulated...
its not targeting old people.... just people with terminal illnesses I don't support it really either tho tbh.
my grandparents would not be alive if it were truly as you think it is.

Could still be an opportunity to grab some cheap lights before the Wheeler dealers got to send them back on 90 day sale or return ....lol
yeah, that's how i got a good light for basically nothing.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

cheers for the heads up
So your against people's right to choose how and when they die??

Top Bottom