The Alcohol Thread.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Some of the brown brothers stuff is very nice, it so much better shot to drink than wine.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Bags
Wine keeps me employed. There is many a shit wine out there but once you find one that suits your pallet then it’s all good.
Goon bag on the hills hoist hey Gazza 😂

I’ll take that as you work in the wine industry, glad to hear mate I know the gooks sorry rat cunts stopped buying it. Hear the u.k can’t buy enough of it so glad to see other markets open up with or without them slimy rats.

The tassie lobster industry is getting smashed, was watching a doco on it the other night.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Havin a few of these atm...

For some reason I thought of you Gazza....

I'll shout ya a couple when I see ya!

images (7).jpeg

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Bags

I’ll take that as you work in the wine industry, glad to hear mate I know the gooks sorry rat cunts stopped buying it. Hear the u.k can’t buy enough of it so glad to see other markets open up with or without them slimy rats.

The tassie lobster industry is getting smashed, was watching a doco on it the other night.
Yeah I do. But I’m in a small scale winery that doesn’t export. We don’t even stock Dan Murphy’s so the Chinese market didn’t affect us at all.
FAAFD8E9-B555-467C-8EE5-ADE2386B4587.jpeg
This is tonight’s drop. A Sangiovese from work. But I’m not going to put my works name online. Last thing I need is my boss seeing his product on a weed forum 😂

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Bags

I just wish the wine industry actually had a decent footprint into other markets like the government had been promising to assist with for the last few years before the pandemic, but whatevs market is gonna market
I wont get started on grains nor coal

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah
I just wish the wine industry actually had a decent footprint into other markets like the government had been promising to assist with for the last few years before the pandemic, but whatevs market is gonna market
I wont get started on grains nor coal
You’re on to something there. Australia is not a big player in global wine exports. There’s a couple of big brands that people recognise but we just don’t produce enough quality wines for overseas. But that’s kinda good though as the small guys have a great local based market. Like craft beers. Craft wines, small scale , quality products are going great.

I know Canada had a halt or something on Aussie wines a while back. They were like the 4th biggest buyer. But again for me personally it doesn’t relate as we don’t produce export amounts.

Small scale actually helps more industries like tourism, accommodation, etc. since COVID wine areas have been busting with people wanting to get away for a trip. Where they would have went overseas they then come and splash a few hundred on wines

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah

You’re on to something there. Australia is not a big player in global wine exports. There’s a couple of big brands that people recognise but we just don’t produce enough quality wines for overseas. But that’s kinda good though as the small guys have a great local based market. Like craft beers. Craft wines, small scale , quality products are going great.

I know Canada had a halt or something on Aussie wines a while back. They were like the 4th biggest buyer. But again for me personally it doesn’t relate as we don’t produce export amounts.

Small scale actually helps more industries like tourism, accommodation, etc. since COVID wine areas have been busting with people wanting to get away for a trip. Where they would have went overseas they then come and splash a few hundred on wines
I agree, having the smaller wineries integrate tourism is a great idea, I come from a region with a wine industry, likely not far from yourself :)

And again your on the money there with our current situation regarding the pandemic, now that we have people in Australia finally looking in their own backyard for a holiday instead of just jumping on a plane, hopefully this is something that have flow on effects later on, with people continuing to look domestically for a holiday even long after the current situation has faded and travel opens up. Easter just gone was absolute bonaza in our area. Was really quite amazing and was great to see. I was thoroughly impressed.
Since roughly the 80s plane travel to visit far flung places has been attractive, but generations before jumped in their car for a domestic holiday and these days people can be extremely impressed with what they can find domestically.

Top Bottom