Test Kits - THC & CBD?

F

freddie

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced test kit that tests for THC and CBD levels in bud or oil?
I need one that can test for levels (percentages of cannabinoids), not just if THC or CBD is present.
I'd prefer to get one locally but don't care if I need to look overseas.

Cheers.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

pug

Vegetating
User ID
Hey freddie

I don't think anyone sells them in Australia, at the moment.

Probably the cheapest way to test oils and buds would be an Alpha-cat/Cannalytics kit. They seem to be the same company or at least sell the same kits. Alpha-cat is based in Europe and Cannalytics is in America. The shipping from Cannalytics is way cheaper than from Europe. The TLC method they use identifies about 6 cannabinoids and can give you a rough idea of the percentages. There are a fair few processes involved with some very small measurements, which require a pretty good scale (40mg sample for a concentrate over 40% - that's about 2 drops).

I've found that kief and bud seem to work better than oils for accuracy with TLC. I'm at that stage where I'm waiting for a near infra-red system (like Purple Pro) to come down in price. I'm a bit dodgy on the TLC processes ... and in my case, think it would be more accurate to measure the % of THC/CBD in the bud/kief used from a NIR spectrometer and then do the calculations to get an approximate idea of concentration levels in the oils.

hope it helps mate. if you need more info on the TLC process, just let me know.

F

freddie

Thanks very much pug! I will have a look into these and get back if I have any questions. This looks exactly the sort of thing I'm after.

Top Bottom