Temperature and humidity for growing

weed_man

Seedling
User ID
I am new to indoor growing and looking at setting up a 4x4 AC Infinity advanced grow system in my 7x9metre shed that has the roof insulation and whirlybirds. Living on the Fraser Coast in Queensland I am wondering how many months of the year I can reasonably expect grow without worrying about air-conditioning. I'm keen to try some Afghan strains that are more tolerant to heat in the hotter months but would very much appreciate any advice or suggestions with this.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Iā€™d insulate the walls too, if you can create a comfortable grow environment with a stable RH you should be able to grow all year round, you might have to run the ac to control the RH from mid bloom to finish depending on environmental conditions.

Trial and error mate.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
mid November to late January,

pack it up and have a nice rest and a holiday from growing...

way to hot in a tent in a shed in QLD, even if lined and whirlybirds...

over the Summer months i get seeds sexed and clones ready for late Febuary indoor start...

Welcome to TSE Weed Man!

Sun Ra

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I am new to indoor growing and looking at setting up a 4x4 AC Infinity advanced grow system in my 7x9metre shed that has the roof insulation and whirlybirds. Living on the Fraser Coast in Queensland I am wondering how many months of the year I can reasonably expect grow without worrying about air-conditioning. I'm keen to try some Afghan strains that are more tolerant to heat in the hotter months but would very much appreciate any advice or suggestions with this.
I'm in your vicinity and tend to agree with Dotts. Good luck and welcome.

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
May depend of location of shed.. If its shaded by trees or in a place where its not getting backed then its possible. My mate grew in a shed, he built large grow cupboards and he managed to grow non stop without AC in SEQLD..The shed was very large though and could fit two trucks and a boat and some more. His lights were always off in hottest part of day. The grow is in well made cupboards so he can open up the shed roller doors night or day. I know his middle summer grows did suffer but If you have enough airflow in the grow compartment it's possible.

Worst case you would miss 1 grow if your shed is an oven. Probably around Xmas until Early march when its hottest. Right now i am pretty sure you could get one in before Xmas if you shed is not a hot box.

Top Bottom