Support TSE - Become a Community Member

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Hey All,

The Serrated Edge has been up and running for 11 months now (unbelieveable right, how have we not crashed and burned already??), created to give everyone a better forum for cannabis enthusiasts. Every dollar spent getting TSE up and running has been paid for out of pocket by the admin team, we haven't accepted any money from advertisers.

If you would like to show assistance with the ongoing costs of running TSE infrastructure including the VPS, forum software, domain name, and security, please visit the User Upgrades section of your profile, found by clicking on your username at the top of the page, and then clicking User Upgrades. There are two memberships available at the moment for either $5 or $10 per month. As a Community Member, you will receive an extra badge under your username when you create or reply to a post. The payments are handled through a secure credit card gateway, ONLY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS RECORDED. Community Member plans can be cancelled at any time, no further payments will be taken from you.

I hope to see many Community Member badges starting to show up on the forum so we can continue to grow and create a better forum with more features.

Thanks everyone

Edit: I have added in 3 once off Community Membership payments.
I feel that I should have been warned of this extortion before I signed up to this site
indeed the site does have a sponser too, DC Seeds blow $300, save $25.00

Panhandling the membership along with the permitted obscenties don't look good
to any future sponsor or member, yeah I'm just advising here

Just curious what OS think of this ...no I won't look

I wish TSE all the best ....but this ain't the way

Last edited:

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I feel that I should have been warned of this extortion before I signed up to this site

Good on you Vostok for piping up.
It's not my cuppa tea either as it separates the haves and have nots and those who don't support by paying $$$ not considered as being part of the community here?
I'm sure that is not the intention but that's how I see it.
Perhaps a different name change on the badge for those who want to support the site with their money.
DC Seeds are no longer sponsors here I think btw.
Cheers

elsooto

Baked
Community Member
User ID

Extortion? Have you been forced to pay money here? It's your choice daisy chain !

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Good on you Vostok for piping up.
It's not my cuppa tea either as it separates the haves and have nots and those who don't support by paying $$$ not considered as being part of the community here?
I'm sure that is not the intention but that's how I see it.
Perhaps a different name change on the badge for those who want to support the site with their money.
DC Seeds are no longer sponsors here I think btw.
Cheers
For someone who has been involved with churches and knows full well what they request from their followers, and whom has also dabbled in a nice bit of bribery to obtain immunity within your own threads here (which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the fucking site), I feel as though your opinion on supporting the place is void.

Billy has done this shit pretty much all by himself (sorry mate) and from my recollection has not asked for a single thing for an entire year. So far I believe you have requested numerous actions be taken to benefit yourself and any time something isn't pleasing you, you expect Billy to have your back??

What a lovely piece of work 👏👏👏👏

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Wow, the level of pissiness some folks are prepared to go to now. Whinge about something they get for free. You're not missing out on anything, the paid subscribers get no special benefits bar a tag that shows they're a financial supporter, and no one is obliged to chip in if you don't want to.

You're going to have to excuse my lack of understanding of your views. But buggered if i can see where the problem is asking for members to chip in if they want to. After all, IT Guy, web hosting, bandwidth, etc.. has all got to be paid for out of someone's hip pocket. And it's a recurring bill thats gotta be paid for monthly/annually and we're not talking small change here.

I'd like to contribute, but i'll have to wait for another payment method. Maybe there might be a side business i can pay cash into that see's me pay $100-$150 annually for a stubbie cooler that never arrives. Who knows.. 🤔

Last edited:

Sugar

Baked
User ID
For someone who has been involved with churches and knows full well what they request from their followers, and whom has also dabbled in a nice bit of bribery to obtain immunity within your own threads here (which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the fucking site), I feel as though your opinion on supporting the place is void.

Billy has done this shit pretty much all by himself (sorry mate) and from my recollection has not asked for a single thing for an entire year. So far I believe you have requested numerous actions be taken to benefit yourself and any time something isn't pleasing you, you expect Billy to have your back??

What a lovely piece of work 👏👏👏👏
Suggestion by me such as a name change to the badge of those wanting to support TSE with money from Community Member to something else is not a huge ask and I thought you and others would see the sense in that.

My suggestion to crack down on personal abuse here goes unconsidered too and I'm not the only one asking for that.

My suggestion to have an introduction section to welcome members also ignored.

These suggestions was to benefit TSE.

How does it benefit me?

But yeah I'm well aware all of my suggestions are considered void and I have no voice here.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Wow, the level of pissiness some folks are prepared to go to now. Whinge about something they get for free. You're not missing out on anything, the paid subscribers get no special benefits bar a tag that shows they're a financial supporter, and no one is obliged to chip in if you don't want to.

You're going to have to excuse my lack of understanding of your views. But buggered if i can see where the problem is asking for members to chip in if they want to. After all, IT Guy, web hosting, bandwidth, etc.. has all has to be paid for out of someone's hip pocket. And it's a recurring bill thats gotta be paid for monthly/annually and we're not taljing small change here.

I'd like to contribute, but i'll have to wait for another payment method. Maybe there might be a side business i can pay cash into that see's me pay for a $100-$150 annually for a stubbie cooler that never arrives. Who knows.. 🤔
hope this isn't to me Indy I just asked for a change of name to the badge and gave reasons why.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
It's to whoever has a problem with the guys asking others to become financial members, Sugar. Maybe sit down, have a cuppa and mull over the idea for a bit.

There's not that much wrong with the concept and it happens everywhere on the net where in various forums/groups stick their hand out. Over the years i myself have contributed over 2k to OSA, race-sim forums and gaming servers. Even helped build a couple of member forums and learnt of the cost of it all..

It's not as if it's going into someone's retirement fund.

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Suggestion by me such as a name change to the badge of those wanting to support TSE with money from Community Member to something else is not a huge ask and I thought you and others would see the sense in that.

My suggestion to crack down on personal abuse here goes unconsidered too and I'm not the only one asking for that.

How does it benefit me?

But yeah I'm well aware all of my suggestions are considered void and I have no voice here

How does it benefit me?

But yeah I'm well aware all of my suggestions are considered void and I have no voice here.
I fail to see the sense in majority of things you post tbh and fail to see the "benefits" TSE would receive from your suggestions such as controlling abuse on a platform that encourages personal opinions and freedom of speech.

All that extra moderation would cost alot of money but I'm pretty sure you're also strongly against spending that as well?

Hmm strange how you want so much but want to give absolutely zero in return for it...

Sugar

Baked
User ID
It's to whoever has a problem with the guys asking others to become financial members, Sugar. Maybe sit down, have a cuppa and mull over the idea for a bit.

There's not that much wrong with the concept and it happens everywhere on the net where in various forums/groups. Over the years i myself have contributed over 2k to OSA, race-sim forums and gaming servers. Even helped build a couple of member forums and learnt of the cost of it all..
I wasn't concerned about asking for contribution to support the site.

Yes it does go on in many forums but as I said my issue is with the name of Community Member suggesting those not putting in bucks are not considered part of the community here and I thought that some would feel they don't belong unless the pay and some might not be able to afford that.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I wasn't concerned about asking for contribution to support the site.

Yes it does go on in many forums but as I said my issue is with the name of Community Member suggesting those not putting in bucks are not considered part of the community here and I thought that some would feel they don't belong unless the pay and some might not be able to afford that.

Unfortunately that'd be a thought someone could possibly come up by overthinking the subject. And it's certainly not a guilt trip that they're trying to impose on anyone. It's just as Mod mentioned, for those wanting to contribute financially, there are now options to do so.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I fail to see the sense in majority of things you post tbh and fail to see the "benefits" TSE would receive from your suggestions such as controlling abuse on a platform that encourages personal opinions and freedom of speech.

All that extra moderation would cost alot of money but I'm pretty sure you're also strongly against spending that as well?

Hmm strange how you want so much but want to give absolutely zero in return for it...
Seems to me the only encouragement of personal opinions and freedom of speech here is if it lines up with the majority of yes sirs

I give absolutely nothing in return? lol

I am a pensioner and live frugally and can't afford to pay any money toward running TSE but I could give beans which I did, 600+ of them.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Unfortunately that'd be a thought someone could possibly come up by overthinking the subject. And it's certainly not a guilt trip that they're trying to impose on anyone. It's just as Mod mentioned, for those wanting to contribute financially, there are now options to do so.
I say it as I see it Indy and it didn't take much thinking to see it.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Honestly, as much as I really like many of the members here it is clear I just don't fit in with the community so best I leave.

Top Bottom