Super cropping, giant SCROG and LST.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
I found this in my attempt to understand SCROG better.
All I can think is WOW!!
As a person who is going to have a limited grow space this seems to be a viable option.
Less plants - more spread.
It raises the questions in my mind about light height and strength.
Nutes. I assume that the veg stage would be longer in order to get the plant to fill the frame before flowering?
This is a different than the sorts of training I've seen demonstrated on YT.
Others top the plant as a small seedling at 4 or 5 branches and train those branches out to the side of the pot.
Others wait until the plant has more maturity and height and then apply SCROG training.
I understand that there are a lot of ways to skin a cat and a lot of ways to train plants.
Thoughts and comments welcomed.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Yeah it’s all going to be up to what you prefer. How well you stay on top of it and what you can physically do.

I set up my scrog as I only had two plants ready for flower. But next run I’m uncertain which way I want to go. I need to kiss. Thinking I’ll just run smaller pots and have 5-6 in there. Top early and train them to have a few colas and flip early.

If you’re going to struggle bending down and draining the waste water, a scrog maybe be a little too much upkeep. Maybe just do your first run with 2-4 plants and top and train them.

Are you still set on the 2x4x6 tent size?

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah it’s all going to be up to what you prefer. How well you stay on top of it and what you can physically do.

I set up my scrog as I only had two plants ready for flower. But next run I’m uncertain which way I want to go. I need to kiss. Thinking I’ll just run smaller pots and have 5-6 in there. Top early and train them to have a few colas and flip early.

If you’re going to struggle bending down and draining the waste water, a scrog maybe be a little too much upkeep. Maybe just do your first run with 2-4 plants and top and train them.

Are you still set on the 2x4x6 tent size?

Yes.
I'm in a semi panic about starting a grow as soon as possible and it has to fit into an extremely tight budget and within my environmental constraints eg; growing inside..
There's also the time factor.....for me.
I'm hoping I can stretch the oil I have ( and maintain my quality of life) until I harvest and make my own.
All these things need to be weighed up.

Green_Sick

Vegetating
User ID
That’s how I grow 6 weeks of veg 4 plants in a 150x150x200 tent once they get six tires of branches I top then wait until the branches are roughly 30 to 40 cm taller from where I topped then I super crop and let it creep across the netView attachment 20734View attachment 20735

I really like the use of your space.
That looks the business in my unexpert eyes.
Thumbs up.

JHerer

Germinating
User ID
Scrog works well, tried SOG but got paranoid with that many plants, plus the water manifold system SUCKED and I lost a few due to heat stress.

These days I manifold plants, they seem to yield very well, just keep in veg for longer, not got if you are impatient.

ie. https://www.growweedeasy.com/manifold

Top Bottom