STS

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Hey just wondering if anyone has a link to buy some STS spray in Australia?
Lots in USA on ebay.
Thanks
once you messed with this you may find later Collodial Silver works easier ...cheaper...faster and ...just better
either buy the stuff in from your 7/11 at 52ppm? or make your own is easy, 2 silver coins and a 9v battery

good luck

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
once you messed with this you may find later Collodial Silver works easier ...cheaper...faster and ...just better
either buy the stuff in from your 7/11 at 52ppm? or make your own is easy, 2 silver coins and a 9v battery

good luck
Its Not easier to use colloidal because it requires daily applications
With Silver thio solution it takes just one or two at the most sprays and
thats it just wait 2-3 weeks for the pollen sacs to form.
As for working better I haven't noticed that at all in fact I find the
colloidal stresses the plant too much and often causes leaf damage
Each to their own but Nah colloidal isn't faster.... isn't cheaper and I don't reckon it's any better .....

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Its Not easier to use colloidal because it requires daily applications
With Silver thio solution it takes just one or two at the most sprays and
thats it just wait 2-3 weeks for the pollen sacs to form.
As for working better I haven't noticed that at all in fact I find the
colloidal stresses the plant too much and often causes leaf damage
Each to their own but Nah colloidal isn't faster.... isn't cheaper and I don't reckon it's any better .....
I say better as in less herms on the end product,

please be sure compare then comment

thanks

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I say better as in less herms on the end product,

please be sure compare then comment

thanks
I can't comment from personal experience, but chat groups on a few International weed forums disagree with that view. Colloidal Silver apparently has a tendency to produce too many hermies, much more so than STS. I applied STS as a single application on night of flip to 12/12 for two plants. They both produced pollen within 3 to 4 weeks, which I then applied to a separate host female. Waiting for my first batch of FEM seeds to mature in about 3 weeks. I'll grow a few out to test them.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I can't comment from personal experience, but chat groups on a few International weed forums disagree with that view. Colloidal Silver apparently has a tendency to produce too many hermies, much more so than STS. I applied STS as a single application on night of flip to 12/12 for two plants. They both produced pollen within 3 to 4 weeks, which I then applied to a separate host female. Waiting for my first batch of FEM seeds to mature in about 3 weeks. I'll grow a few out to test them.
Well done Fox :) What strain did you fem?
That purple flower plant, I used to have one of them for years and it always put on a great flower display. What is it please?

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Well done Fox :) What strain did you fem?
That purple flower plant, I used to have one of them for years and it always put on a great flower display. What is it please?
I reversed 2 Bruce Banner FEMS and applied pollen to a Critical ( in photo). I believe it's the current cool overnight temps bringing out purple colours. I've grown Critical before indoors, and none of the phenos went purple during a spring time grow.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I reversed 2 Bruce Banner FEMS and applied pollen to a Critical ( in photo). I believe it's the current cool overnight temps bringing out purple colours. I've grown Critical before indoors, and none of the phenos went purple during a spring time grow.
Ooo that sounds like a nice cross indeed Fox :)
I meant the non cannabis purple flowering plant lolol I had mine in a hanger and I've been looking out for it at Bunnings garden centre for years.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Ooo that sounds like a nice cross indeed Fox :)
I meant the non cannabis purple flowering plant lolol I had mine in a hanger and I've been looking out for it at Bunnings garden centre for years.
It's a tibouchina Sugar. Dwarf variety, which I need next to the pool. Had full box hedge covering outside the pool fence, but council directed me to cut them down, or incur a fine, as apparently toddlers may potentially climb the hedge to get over( and inside) the pool fence.

Top Bottom