Soil supplies

Vaughn_Bode

Germinating
User ID
Hello guys

My first one is ready for a bigger pot. Is there an option at bunnings to get all my soil needs there? Coco perlite mixes for example, just to get this first grow out of the way while im learning. Sorry for the noob question šŸ™ˆ where i live there are no easy accessible supply shops other than Bunnings (fairly rural here)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Short answer is yes, if you know what your looking for you can jump on the bunnings website and select your local store then search will tell you what they have or dont have in stock.

What grow medium are you thinking of using?

Pikey

Baked
User ID
If the shit snag shop is your only option you could grab a 25L of Searles 5 in 1, 30L Pinegro Coco and 25L Brunnings Perlite and mix 'em all together (1:1:1). Could potentially be a little "hot" and need to rest or you could just plant into a buffer. Works out pretty expensive ($52 for 80L) but will give you a decent base media for the girls šŸŖ“

Vaughn_Bode

Germinating
User ID
wow thanks thats really good to know. I appreciate the time you took to get me the names etc. donā€™t know what you mean about ā€œhotā€? Nor the term buffer but ill look that up

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Sorry "hot" just refers to the mix getting hot because of the biological activity breaking down the ingredients into a more homogenous usable form for the plant. Hot soil can burn/kill the roots -> plant.

A buffer is just that, a layer of "non-hot" soil between your plants roots and the "hot" soil which will give it time to break down (and the plant to mature) before the roots hit it.

I personally think you would be alright planting straight into said mix as the 5in1 is normally pretty well composted but just wanted to add the caveat so you are aware of the possability.

What you really want is for @itchybro to chime in... a true soil guru with much greater knowledge than myself :)

Top Bottom