Slow Cooker Balm Making

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Hello :)

just had another go on the slowcooker. As per Dott I left it on overnight this time and it's melted down rather nicely. I did coconut oil for a balm rather than a canna butter.

I've started using it on one of our doggies that has allergies. This day two and I swear it's taking the heat out of the redness. i'll post a few pics and updates in the future.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or could share their experiences? I didn't use beeswax as I'll be keeping it in the fridge. BTW, anyone know how long they are good for? Any experience using green weed?

Thanks!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
My only experience with balm is that I bought a jar (had bees wax in it ) for a mates son who had bad eczema,

cleared it up better than all the other shit they tried ,and they had tried lots ,,even had relatives sending them stuff from overseas to help treat it.
bummer was that once empty they got rid of the container so can’t get that same one again.,but I presume any would be ok.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
My only experience with balm is that I bought a jar (had bees wax in it ) for a mates son who had bad eczema,

cleared it up better than all the other shit they tried ,and they had tried lots ,,even had relatives sending them stuff from overseas to help treat it.
bummer was that once empty they got rid of the container so can’t get that same one again.,but I presume any would be ok.
Thanks Sedge. I try and keep it natural and use apple cider vinegar, turmeric, kelp, good food, lots of fish, etc but with so much rain it's hard to keep under control. It's mostly around his chest and ears where he hasn't been in the creek ,so they are relatively "safe" areas not subject to licking.

I'm surprised I haven't seen much about this before because it seems to be helping. Good use for our trim.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I’ve been meaning to make a batch up too.
Just busy as fuck.
I’ll put my attempt up once i get to it.
Using bees wax too and some calendula cream.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
I’ve been meaning to make a batch up too.
Just busy as fuck.
I’ll put my attempt up once i get to it.
Using bees wax too and some calendula cream.
That sounds like a nice soothing combo. Definitely would love to hear how it goes as I have more to use.

Next time I'll get some cheesecloth to squeeze it though to get max oil. The left over veg would make an excellent body scrub, if I were into soap making it would definitely make it into a few bars.

Do you think it would be safe to use slightly mouldy weed? I hate waste.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
That sounds like a nice soothing combo. Definitely would love to hear how it goes as I have more to use.

Next time I'll get some cheesecloth to squeeze it though to get max oil. The left over veg would make an excellent body scrub, if I were into soap making it would definitely make it into a few bars.

Do you think it would be safe to use slightly mouldy weed? I hate waste.
It’s probably a good use of mouldy weed.
Surely the decarb and infusing will remove.
It not give it a h2o2 bud wash before hand.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Had a swizz on the net, an interesting read.

"Like cannabinoids, terpenes are essential to the benefits offered by the cannabis plant. Interestingly, a couple of terpenes have been identified in cannabis roots that don’t exist in notable concentrations in other parts of the plant.

Back in 1971, researchers found[2] cannabis root to contain both friedelin and epifriedelanol, two triterpenoids used to defend against plant predators that may be able to benefit human health and wellness as well."

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blo...our,Mix the ground roots into the coconut oil.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
i make a balm for Mrs Dotts as she has/haved alotta skin cancers.

she is also on a strict high alkaline low acidic diet...therefor so am i lol.

i use decarbed canna, put in a rice cooker, "cook" the iso off in the rice cooker,

left with an oil, mix with coconut oil to break it down to a nice smooth consistency for application.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
i make a balm for Mrs Dotts as she has/haved alotta skin cancers.

she is also on a strict high alkaline low acidic diet...therefor so am i lol.

i use decarbed canna, put in a rice cooker, "cook" the iso off in the rice cooker,

left with an oil, mix with coconut oil to break it down to a nice smooth consistency for application.
Does she find that it works for the skin cancers? I'm having to start another batch today with wet weather reject weed. Interested as I have a few precancerous rough patches that could use some love. Currently just using vit E oil.

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Sure does!
Daily use on most spots.

Had a dodgy spot on her neck,
Tiny sore type thing.

Used it daily on this spot and was slowly clearing up.

She stopped using it on her neck for after a few weeks as she could smell weed all day at work, was abit paranoid as she works for fed gov, so stopped using it.....

Then she had to get it chopped out as she stopped using the balm...

This was the result..
Screenshot_20230203-142339_Messages.jpg

.....lesson learnt!

she keeps up with daily balm routine nowadays...

She also adheres to a strict high alkaline low acidic diet, therefore so do i lol...
aswell as daily excerise, yoga and meditation...

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Sure does!
Daily use on most spots.

Had a dodgy spot on her neck,
Tiny sore type thing.

Used it daily on this spot and was slowly clearing up.

She stopped using it on her neck for after a few weeks as she could smell weed all day at work, was abit paranoid as she works for fed gov, so stopped using it.....

Then she had to get it chopped out as she stopped using the balm...

This was the result..
View attachment 30599

.....lesson learnt!

she keeps up with daily balm routine nowadays...

She also adheres to a strict high alkaline low acidic diet, therefore so do i lol...
aswell as daily excerise, yoga and meditation...
Eww. I'm glad you had a good outcome and it's led to a reprioritizing of your body and spiritual health. I've been using organic baking soda when I feel a bit acidic, all these lovely changes as your body gets older.

Thank you for sharing that Dotts.

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
20230203_174243.jpg20230204_082204.jpg20230205_081342.jpg
Here’s a pic of my evolving process. It’s a combo of info from members here and info from the internet. By no means is it “the right way” as I’m no expert. This was an emergency quick batch to get rid of our mouldy stuff. I welcome any feedback or suggestions!

I used dubious maybe a bit mouldy bud, last time I used just leaf. In hindsight I should have gotten every bit of stem out as it makes it hard to squeeze the oil out in the end. Mixed with about a 1/3 of a litre of coconut oil and dash of olive oil (supposedly makes it more spreadable).

Slowcooker temps can vary from brand to brand. I ran this at low until it bubbled and turned it down to warm, stirred a few times and left overnight. In the morning I put it on low again until it bubbled and then put it on warm for a few more hours. Cooled and in a container.
20230203_174243.jpg

Attachments

• 20230203_174049.jpg
    20230203_174049.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Top Bottom