ScrOG Screen

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Finally got around to stringing up the screen with Butcher's Twine, it's my preferred option due to durability and strength. T this is the second grow this twine has been used, and doesn't seem to break down under the light. Hit your butcher up, or get it off eBay for about $25-30 a roll, just be sure to get the 3ply type pictured below (if interested). There's thinner cheaper shit but it wont hold up and might cut through the plants..

View attachment 34838

Anyway, had a bit of a overgrow situation going on whilst i was trying to sex the plants. But once i settled on the two girls i wanted to grow out, i had to turn a hand to them, to tame 'em down again so i could reclaim some ceiling height and make them more manageable.

When i thread up the screen i do use a interlace pattern (under 'n over) which seems help it interlock it all to some extent.
View attachment 34839

They're still in vegetative state, i'll grow them out over the next few days to fill the gaps in the screen, then flip over to flower.
View attachment 34840

EDIT: Think I may have forgot to mention that I made the strings 100mm apart. From the couple of screens I've made in the past, that's what seems to best suit me. As I have had to pull a plant out of a screen once before, and having this spacing appeared to be a blessing. If the mesh size was smaller I probably would've lost the plant.

That's about it. (y)
Yeah that's guna fill out real nice!! šŸ‘

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Hoping so, mate. I'm doing one of your tricks. I think this is week 10 of veg. Two weeks ago I had to induce flowering by going 12/12 (for 10 days) just to sex them again. This is second time I've had to do that, the last crop was the same deal. Crazy shit I've never had to do in all my years..

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Finally got around to stringing up the screen with Butcher's Twine, it's my preferred option due to durability and strength. T this is the second grow this twine has been used, and doesn't seem to break down under the light. Hit your butcher up, or get it off eBay for about $25-30 a roll, just be sure to get the 3ply type pictured below (if interested). There's thinner cheaper shit but it wont hold up and might cut through the plants..

View attachment 34838

Anyway, had a bit of a overgrow situation going on whilst i was trying to sex the plants. But once i settled on the two girls i wanted to grow out, i had to turn a hand to them, to tame 'em down again so i could reclaim some ceiling height and make them more manageable.

When i thread up the screen i do use a interlace pattern (under 'n over) which seems help it interlock it all to some extent.
View attachment 34839

They're still in vegetative state, i'll grow them out over the next few days to fill the gaps in the screen, then flip over to flower.
View attachment 34840

EDIT: Think I may have forgot to mention that I made the strings 100mm apart. From the couple of screens I've made in the past, that's what seems to best suit me. As I have had to pull a plant out of a screen once before, and having this spacing appeared to be a blessing. If the mesh size was smaller I probably would've lost the plant.

That's about it. (y)
Looking good there Indy.

Here's a hint: 'Try' (and it's not always possible due to positioning) to get a growing tip per square. Then when you go 12/12 that growth splurt that you get will give you nice long stems for the buds to develop on.
I'd also recommend you string up that top net and get it into position so that the growth grows up through it and you're not trying to position it down over the top of the growth. Putting it in place after can cause a shitload of damage, that damage weeps and then you've got yourself a nice crop of mouldy bud. Not what you want, place it prior.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
That's the plan, mate. Try and get one tip per square, both these girls are lanky so i may not get my wish yet.

Good idea about meshing up the second screen. But since the last photo's i have lowered the light yet again that the light is now lower than the position of 2nd screen. But yeah, one the girls put their stretch on, i'll be onto it straight away if need be. I'm hoping they pull up at 18". If they go beyond that i'll be in more strife than Flash Gordon..

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Ahh, yes, the 'joys' of a new setup, you'll need to be a bloody contortionist to adjust to all those little idiosyncrasies, but only till you get it sorted. From there you get your routine and you run with it all like it's all 2nd nature. But initiallyšŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
You'll be amazed how many times you go 'Doh, don't do that again....' :ROFLMAO:

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
You're not wrong, @Merl1n . I had a bit of a mission trying to tame these sativa-dom girls. I damn near ran out of overhead space in the process. So glad i made that second screen. I would've been up shits creek otherwise without it.

View attachment 40171
And that's why I use trailer nets as the top nets/2nd & 3rd screens. Stretched between the upper portions of the legs, I can place them whatever height they're most needed for support, 'cos that growth splurt can get a bit wild sometimes :LOL:

Top Bottom