Rice cooker oil

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Can't remember who was talking about the rice cooker oil but thanks, it's made the evaporation process simple. Next step will be some sort of primative still top lid whatever their called to collect the iso so I can use it again. Another batch of gummies comming up. I need a new strainer I was using bubble bags but the fuckwit dog decided he liked the taste of them and chewed the arse out of them. I dropped a gummy a few weeks ago and he hovered it and was ripped as fuck. He couldn't walk and all I thought I'd killed him. Since then if I drop a but the cunt fucking eats it before you can blink. I think he's chasing the high 😆

20240426_192752.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
Yeah sorry mate..Hudo not Ord...

To much early morning hash..

Last edited:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Nice work Ord..

have a look at soxhlet extractor to reclaim most of your iso.

To actually reclaim the iso you’d need a way to divert the iso away from the soxhlet once you’ve reached the end of the extraction otherwise you’d just have an alcohol tincture not an oil.

Old mate should also be using a heating mantle or an oil (or sand) bath for more even heating

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Old mate should also be using a heating mantle or an oil (or sand) bath for more even heating
Thought along similar lines while watching it. I would've considered a simmering pot of water mightve been an improvement, than straight on the element like he had it, lol.

Think alcohol boils around 70-80c.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Thought along similar lines while watching it. I would've considered a simmering pot of water mightve been an improvement, than straight on the element like he had it, lol.

Think alcohol boils around 70-80c.
Water bath would work for alcohol extractions. Sand or oil would work for both water and alcohol extractions if extracting something like mushrooms which would be easier with a water based tincture.

R3za92

Baked
User ID

Here’s a good video on the operation of the sox with the next step of recovering the iso (or ethanol in the case of the vid) from the tincture to get an oil.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Been thinking about this all day. With just using a Sox and iso you’d get a very green tincture from the chlorophyll. Wonder if you could stop this by first doing a water extraction to remove the chlorophyll and other water soluble compounds (like the terpenes) and than doing an iso extraction on the same material to get a cleaner oil tincture to than extract the thc and other compounds that are soluble in the solvent.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
What starting material are you working with? Fresh, dried? I might grab the glass for this

Been thinking about this all day. With just using a Sox and iso you’d get a very green tincture from the chlorophyll. Wonder if you could stop this by first doing a water extraction to remove the chlorophyll and other water soluble compounds (like the terpenes) and than doing an iso extraction on the same material to get a cleaner oil tincture to than extract the thc and other compounds that are soluble in the solvent.
Water cure first sounds a good move to clean it up

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
you can buy a unit called the Source Turbo that will reclaim the about 90 to 95% of the alcohol

R3za92

Baked
User ID
you can buy a unit called the Source Turbo that will reclaim the about 90 to 95% of the alcohol

Seems like an overpriced and over engineered vacuum distillation device. Can do the same thing with a basic chem glass vacuum distillation setup for probably half the price or less

Hudo

Baked
User ID
I think I'm just going to jerry somthing primative into the lid like I saw in China making rice wine

Top Bottom