Returning to the little toke

cromagnonman

Germinating
User ID
Hi everybody,

Looking to ditch the booze and go back to the odd recreational toke again. Haven't really smoked much for over ten years since getting married, having kids and all that jazz.
An old mate hooked me up with a tester of some medicinal gear a year or two ago and it really reminded me that I much prefer smoking to drinking really, especially now that I think drinking has really started taking it's toll on both my mind and body over the years. Have just signed up to get my own medical script, fingers crossed.
Anyway just saying hi. I'm not in a position to grow my own ATM with the young kids in the house etc, but have a background in chemistry and microbiology etc so my thumbs are quite green and I'll try to help out where I can.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Hi everybody,

Looking to ditch the booze and go back to the odd recreational toke again. Haven't really smoked much for over ten years since getting married, having kids and all that jazz.
An old mate hooked me up with a tester of some medicinal gear a year or two ago and it really reminded me that I much prefer smoking to drinking really, especially now that I think drinking has really started taking it's toll on both my mind and body over the years. Have just signed up to get my own medical script, fingers crossed.
Anyway just saying hi. I'm not in a position to grow my own ATM with the young kids in the house etc, but have a background in chemistry and microbiology etc so my thumbs are quite green and I'll try to help out where I can.
Welcome aboard! Im relatively new here too. Plenty of friendly folk around here, if you can't grow your own then having a perv at the tents full of ladies on here is the next best thing! 🤪

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
Yep hoping so. I threw out my old bongs etc many years ago when I stopped, have bought one of the XVape Fog Pro units to start with all new technology.
Now I just need to get the bud :LOL:
Frustrated that it is a 6 week wait for the doctors appointment.
View attachment 36735
Welcome and it'll be well worth the wait. Lots of people coming back after long family related breaks around here :) I started back in January after 10 plus years and spent a month in lalaland with my new bong. In the best interest of my lungs I bought a little xvape starry. Best investment and it'll grow on you so persevere and if you just want a happy functioning buzz, vape around 185. The taste grows on you.

ps make sure you get a decent grinder :)

Last edited:

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
Welcome mate.
I understand the trepidation of not growing with young kids around but I’ve found it’s not as bad as you think. But depends on your situation. Small stealthy grow tent or cabinet in the shed with the right gear works surprisingly well.

I’m just worried about the next Healthy Harold day at school and one kid recognising a certain five leaf shape 😆

cromagnonman

Germinating
User ID
Welcome mate.
I understand the trepidation of not growing with young kids around but I’ve found it’s not as bad as you think. But depends on your situation. Small stealthy grow tent or cabinet in the shed with the right gear works surprisingly well.

I’m just worried about the next Healthy Harold day at school and one kid recognising a certain five leaf shape 😆
I think the kids would be of the age were either them or their friends would notice(tween - early teen) and also of the age where they would likely mention it to others.
The wife can also be a bit of a hypocrite in this regard, drinks like a sailor but argues pot is illegal for reason. When I mention that alcohol has been illegal here, and still is in some places, and is really very bad for you especially in the quantities we have consumed it sometimes she does the metaphorical finger in ears not listening thing.

But stuff it, I need to get in shape again in both mind and body, and if I want to do something to mellow out I'd much prefer a smoke, especially if it's more gentle and less smelly with a herbal vape. And if I get prescribed, it's even legal so she loses that argument too :LOL:

I won't be doing it in front of the kids though, but again it all should be much easier to have a sneaky one with the vape pre-packed, charged and ready to go.

cromagnonman

Germinating
User ID
Welcome and it'll be well worth the wait. Lots of people coming back after long family related breaks around here :) I started back in January after 10 plus years and spent a month in lalaland with my new bong. In the best interest of my lungs I bought a little xvape starry. Best investment and it'll grow on you so persevere and if you just want a happy functioning buzz, vape around 185. The taste grows on you.

ps make sure you get a decent grinder :)
I did look at the grinders when I bought the vape, but didn't get one yet. The only things I kept from the past was a small stainless steel bowl and some small surgical scissors which were great in the past for getting a nice fine chop so I'll see how they go first.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I think the kids would be of the age were either them or their friends would notice(tween - early teen) and also of the age where they would likely mention it to others.
The wife can also be a bit of a hypocrite in this regard, drinks like a sailor but argues pot is illegal for reason. When I mention that alcohol has been illegal here, and still is in some places, and is really very bad for you especially in the quantities we have consumed it sometimes she does the metaphorical finger in ears not listening thing.

But stuff it, I need to get in shape again in both mind and body, and if I want to do something to mellow out I'd much prefer a smoke, especially if it's more gentle and less smelly with a herbal vape. And if I get prescribed, it's even legal so she loses that argument too :LOL:

I won't be doing it in front of the kids though, but again it all should be much easier to have a sneaky one with the vape pre-packed, charged and ready to go.
Fair point.

Yeah I hear ya. I’m trying for a Dry July. But I work in the wine industry so I’m always around it.

Top Bottom