QLD Petition: Amend random roadside presumptive testing laws to exempt holders of Medicinal Cannabis Prescriptions.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland.

Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House the impact of roadside drug testing on the lives of thousands of legally prescribed medicinal cannabis patients be considered in Queensland law. Fifteen years of roadside drug testing hasn’t reduced the road toll. Speeding remains the biggest killer on Queensland roads, followed by drink driving. A 2023 study in the United States concluded there is no correlation between minute quantities of THC present in blood/oral fluid/breath and driving performance. This is consistent with numerous other studies finding detection of traces of THC isn't predictive of driving impairment. A 2021 study by a PhD student at the University of Sydney revealed that common drug testing devices were unreliable, consistently returning up to 10% false positives and 9% false negatives. Most cannabis patients are disinclined to drive soon after use, however, THC can remain present in the system for a long time. Current "zero tolerance for THC" rules causes extreme distress for patients who must choose between their mobility and independence (driving) and taking their prescribed medication. RDT is about deterring people from driving while using cannabis. Deterrence should not be a factor for those using cannabis to treat medical conditions. No other prescribed medical treatment is subjected to similar conditions. Your petitioners, therefore, request the House address the injustice perpetuated on those using prescribed medicinal cannabis by affording them a legislated exemption from random roadside presumptive drug testing laws contained in the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act 1995 and associated Regulations.

Link to the QLD State Parliment Petition.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Imo I think we need to be very careful how stoned is stoned enough to fuck up on the road , i have kids and a grandchild i wouldn't

want being hit by a stoner who is stoned on 3 cones of anything grown around ere , Imo of course.

not fully convinced yet that's its ok . ✌️

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Imo I think we need to be very careful how stoned is stoned enough to fuck up on the road , i have kids and a grandchild i wouldn't

want being hit by a stoner who is stoned on 3 cones of anything grown around ere , Imo of course.

Fair enough, but current laws suck. The day after a session on the bongs, we still register as impaired under the current rules. That's simply bullshit. Nobody is still impaired 8 hours after a session, doesn't matter how low a tolerance they have.

baxjr88

Vegetating
User ID

If anything I drive slower when I'm stoned lol but really when I'm stoned I don't want to drive. But I more want the law to be changed more for the next day when U aren't stoned get pulled over an bang ya done for drug driving.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Fair enough, but current laws suck. The day after a session on the bongs, we still register as impaired under the current rules. That's simply bullshit. Nobody is still impaired 8 hours after a session, doesn't matter how low a tolerance they have.
💯 agree with you O F on what you said above , thats not really my angle tho !

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
If anything I drive slower when I'm stoned lol but really when I'm stoned I don't want to drive. But I more want the law to be changed more for the next day when U aren't stoned get pulled over an bang ya done for drug driving.
yea like on your way to work , pulled over , boom no job.
that's what needs to change fellas nuffn else .

i smoke at least a qtr a day and id be fine to drive BUT I DONT simple . Just in case , not worth a fast five i can tell ya right now . !

imo of course !

junglelover

Vegetating
User ID
I'm pretty sure THC is fat soluble so it's variable how long it will show up in your system based on your fat content not how impaired you are or even how much you've partaked.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
I'm pretty sure THC is fat soluble so it's variable how long it will show up in your system based on your fat content not how impaired you are or even how much you've partaked.
mm rito is it , i didnt no that

wow how the fuck are they gunna be able to tell whos impaired and whos not based on that info !

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Neither do I, but discounted defensive driving courses for youngsters would be a more effective use of $$$ than lab testing for THC.
yep there's other things that revenue raising ????? can get better results but id like to see that !!

beaurocrats don't help either !

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
yea like on your way to work , pulled over , boom no job.
that's what needs to change fellas nuffn else .

i smoke at least a qtr a day and id be fine to drive BUT I DONT simple . Just in case , not worth a fast five i can tell ya right now . !

imo of course !
Is that a quarter of an ounce a day?
Cripes. I know I’m lightweight but still…
That’s what? 90+ oz a year.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Is that a quarter of an ounce a day?
Cripes. I know I’m lightweight but still…
That’s what? 90+ oz a year.
Yep easy , and the reason why is I am lucky to sleep 3-4 hrs a night , so having a feed programme in coco @ 4-6 hourly is perfect for me , and so I chop up 3.5 grams twice a day.

There are certain days of the year I don't smoke

Granddaughters bday
Folks bdays
Most of Xmas day so that's only 88 or so @Harry bootlace 👍😁

Top Bottom