Proven Budder

punkin

Germinating
User ID
Reading the edibles bit of the forum (my interest) i'm finding a lot of misinformation, and a few of ratio's that don't add up to my experience.

There's quite a few posts of people putting anywhere from 5oz to 1/2oz of buds to 500gm's of butter or oil.

I've been fucking round making about ten dozen serves a week of edibles for friends and family and have my ratio's and methods down pat, but wanted to see what other people who do it regularly do.

When i do brownies or chocolates i use 300gm infused ghee to make 5 dozen (60 serves).

In 300gm's of budder, using my ratio there is 9.3 gm's of best bud from a local grower (2oz in 1.8kg finished ghee).

That's 0.155 gm's of weed per brownie, and there a re very few people i know who can handle two brownies (myself included).

I know it sounds like a miniscule amount of weed, but the body uses it so differently than when inhaled. In any case, the results speak for themselves.
I have a couple of super pothead mates, who have mostly given away smoking, but they are eating two brownies a day, where i'm whacked with 1.5.

I'd like to gather some experience here from those who make edibles regularly with bud and oil, rather than rso or further processed methods and find out your ratio's and whether your experience equals mine.

So... what's your ratio of pot per serve?

budder.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

punkin

Germinating
User ID
Some pics of yesterdays effort.

See the bottom of the container, no waste. When i was using butter there would be at least 1/2" of water in the bottom that had to be tipped out, then some brown sludge that had to be scraped away. Here there are only a couple of brown spots from the plant matter. Single strain through a chuck's cloth.

Nowadays i don't clean up at all, but use it as is.

budder1.jpg

budder2.jpg

There's a local grower here who makes his own i'm mates with. He uses leaf and trim, no decarb and boils the shit out of it for 24hrs. It looks black, stinks and tastes like shit.
It also only gives you a peaky high for an hour or so then a big deflating crash that sucks all the energy out of you.
I won't eat his product, though we stay mates.

baxjr88

Vegetating
User ID
You are just making weaker edibles a lot of the people here are expericed users an want strong stuff. It's all about what strength you want to how much bud ya put in 👍

Last edited:

punkin

Germinating
User ID
You are just making weaker edibles a lot of the people here are expericed users an wont strong stuff. It's all about what strength you want to how much bud ya put in 👍

Thanks for that. Good to know my weakness.

I'm a bit experienced too, 60 next year and got my first possesion/cultivation charge when i was eleven, 6 trips to court at Yasmar.

So, if mine are 'weak' can you tell me your ratio and dose per serve then?

After all, i'm here to learn and calling my product weak does not educate me.

If it's all about how much bud you put in (partially agree) then how much bud should i put in?

baxjr88

Vegetating
User ID
I haven't made edibles for a while never got in to ratios just used what I had... But I use medical oil an I take about 75mg at a time which is 3 ml of oil an that gives me a good buzz but every one's different some need more some need less. And I'm not bagging your product just compared to most people I know Who make edibles use alot more bud to 1.8kg of butter of coconut oil or what ever they choose to use.

Last edited:

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I'd guesstimate your strength to be about the same per dose as standard med oil per ml (25mg)which is a good starter point as that is plenty for most people but as baxjr88 mentioned some of us with heavy tolerance like a dose of 100mg+

punkin

Germinating
User ID
I haven't made edibles for a while never got in to ratios just used what I had... But I use medical oil an I take about 75mg at a time which is 3 ml of oil an that gives me a good buzz but every one's different some need more some need less. And I'm not bagging your product just compared to most people I know Who make edibles use alot more bud to 1.8kg of butter of coconut oil or what ever they choose to use.
I'm here to talk to people who know the science behind their claims. If you can't tell me what is a normal dose in a cookie, or what makes mine weak then i am talking to the wrong person if not being in the wrong place too.

The issue is not just cannabis quantity (which you don't know anyway) there are three variables at least here.

Ingredients.
I know by comparison to tested medicinal what my approximate thc% is.

Process.
I have improved my process over the last few years and i believe i am near full extraction without degradation, but the process is what i'm here asking about.

lastly, there's the one you are attaching your argument to, and it's the least important

Quantity,
If you make efficiencies in the previous two realms, then quantity is a flexible thing that fits into the projected return.

More efficient process, less quantity per given serve.

More potent cannabis, less quantity per given serve.

Last edited:

punkin

Germinating
User ID
There was enough info in my first post for you guys to work that out before shooting the messenger, but you didn't bother.

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Not trying to shoot you down mate just sharing information. There is formula online to work out loss also as not all thc makes it to final product

punkin

Germinating
User ID
Not trying to shoot you down mate just sharing information. There is formula online to work out loss also as not all thc makes it to final product

Thanks, that is what i'm here for and that is what i'm asking.

Please link.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
edible potency would partly come done to your decard , the more accurate your decarb the higher conversion the more potent

also spraying a little alcohol on your bud or trim before extraction into oil or butter would also help to extract more from the green used which will also help add to potency

the amount used is always going to be relative to the above factors , not to mention the heat used when cooking that can promote or degrade potency

if you like what you make don't worry be happy ;)

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
First up this link will get your mg maths straight.
This link will take you further into calculating loss etc...

med180

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Editing out your claim of .115g =115mg doesn't help the flow of the thread 😕 use Google the information is right there

punkin

Germinating
User ID
Editing out your claim of .115g =115mg doesn't help the flow of the thread 😕 use Google the information is right there
I corrected an error mate.
So there's no point in this forum to learn? Just use Google hey?

baxjr88

Vegetating
User ID
I'm here to talk to people who know the science behind their claims. If you can't tell me what is a normal dose in a cookie, or what makes mine weak then i am talking to the wrong person if not being in the wrong place too.

The issue is not just cannabis quantity (which you don't know anyway) there are three variables at least here.

Ingredients.
I know by comparison to tested medicinal what my approximate thc% is.

Process.
I have improved my process over the last few years and i believe i am near full extraction without degradation, but the process is what i'm here asking about.

lastly, there's the one you are attaching your argument to, and it's the least important

Quantity,
If you make efficiencies in the previous two realms, then quantity is a flexible thing that fits into the projected return.

More efficient process, less quantity per given serve.

More potent cannabis, less quantity per given serve.
Asking what the normal dose in a cookie is like asking how long is a piece of string..... You can make them as strong or as weak as U like

punkin

Germinating
User ID
Asking what the normal dose in a cookie is like asking how long is a piece of string..... You can make them as strong or as weak as U like
Same as a mixed drink. Strong or weak as you like.

But 30ml is a normal dose of spirit in a mixed drink.

And sometimes if people want more they'll just drink two.

Last edited:
Top Bottom